Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

How have you 'locked up' the db?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

tristandoo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit

POS form set up

Removed the options to min. Max. (looks), removed option to close log in window, removed accesskeys (shift and open database, made module. And I think I did some other stuff too. There is VBA that opens splash screen on correct credentials. Also I got the login screen working just need to create a new user screen (maybe...haven't decided yet)

June7 is offline VIP
    Hope you are aware that holding down the shift key while opening accdb will override most database optional settings and all db features are available.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

POS form set up

I read online (I think it was here) that disabling "accessKeys" would counteract this problem. And doing so in a .accde wouldn't over ride much that would change design or anything right? Besides I wasn't really aiming for a super lock tight system or anything just something simple to keep the wrong people out and to keep things from changing by little hands (the girl scouts)

June7 is offline VIP
    I've never used accde but my understanding is that design cannot be modified.

If disabling 'accesskeys' means turning off Current Database option of Use Access Special Keys, then no that will not prevent Shift key bypass in accdb.

Would it be useful to make a subform for the inventory and when a cookie is clicked it refreshes the Inventory form to get the new values instead of the entire form? (the flickering is annoying and becomes slow to respond on multiple clicks)

Also what should I do about my VBA? When making a button a bunch of prompts come up and the general idea is that it is read only and corrupt and a few other things. I have tried to delete everything and redo it but that didn't hep, I tried importing into new DB that didn't work either. Everything VBA still works except for the wizzard.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is offline VIP
    The slowness and flickering is probably because of the DSum domain aggregate calcs in the textboxes. Using DSum because of the db structure. Not sure a subform based on a query using DSum will be any faster or less flickery.

White text doesn't show well in yellow textbox on my monitor. Why don't you set text to black?

Also suggest downsizing or even just compacting with some rearrangement so everything will fit on a smaller monitor. Even my 20" cannot show the entire form. For a start, put the cookie count textboxes in the lower right corner of each image and scoot everything closer. Then the brown box at bottom can be shorter and right edge of form can move in.

The boxes over the count textboxes are not needed. Just set the BorderColor property to #000000

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    ACCDE files do not have VBA modules. They disappear when you publish the ACCDE file.

Flickering may have something to do with the verification method to determine .Visible property

The flickering is from DoCmd.RefreshRecord upon clicking the images and the numbers next to them (this is the -1 function). I believe that the slowness is contributed by this. As for the accde, it does run the VBA code, you have to debug>Compile all of your code before you make the .accde file and the code converts over.
    June7: I have designed the db to be used with ribbon minimized and the nav pane as well. I don't have a problem fitting it on my smaller 15 inch screen this way. I designed it this way to flow with runtime better and look the same across the board.
    The boxes over the count textboxes are not needed. Just set the BorderColor property to #000000
    these boxes are needed, they are the -1 function, they are transparent and have no text just a OnClick event to -1.

Are you trying to develop an app for market or help a local troop? If the performance of Dlookup is not acceptable you will need to consider another approach.

June7 is offline VIP
    Must have been something about resolution settings for the computer I was using. Not one I normally work with.

An accde is a compiled executable. There are no VBA modules after db is converted. There certainly is code but it is no longer VBA. That's what ItsMe meant.

I did not catch that the boxes should be clicked for the quantity deduction. It's not really intuitive with this design.

Right, it's the refresh, not the DSum's in this case. However, domain aggregates are known to cause slow performance in queries and on form/report.

Before having the refresh it was a little slow but I didn't mind but now with the deduction refresh it seems like it would become a pain.

June7 is offline VIP
    Hopefully deduction won't happen often.

It shouldn't, it is there just in case it is clicked too many times on accident

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.