Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lzook88 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    The Inventory form has this

1 unbound combo box - select location to inventory
    20 unbound combo boxes (labeled Item1 to Item 20) - select item from location selected in top combobox
    20 unbound text boxes (labeled Quan1 to Quan20) - auto fills with current amount in stock when item from above is selected. (USER Can Change this)
    20 unbound text boxes (labeled Req1 to Req20) - auto fills with the required amount for the item selected (User CANT Change this)
    20 unbound text boxes (labels n1 to n20) - auto fills with the value of Req - Quan

Cancel & Submit Buttons

The goal of this form is for the user (1 user per location) to put in the stock that is depleted / used so it can be reOrdered.

They would open the form (They will select their Location/Unit - We will used EIAHU4B).
    Then, The would select an item (we will say they used 5x Gauze pad - 4" x 4" - Non Sterile). They would select Gauze pad - 4" x 4" - Non Sterile
    They would then change Have from 15 to 10.
    The need column would auto populate they now need 5

They would hit submit.

when they hit submit, this is what I expect to happen..

It would open up USED STOCK query and look for Gauze pad - 4" x 4" - Non Sterile for location EIAHU4B and see how many are currently showing as USED (CountOfTrackingID).

If NEED (n1 to n20) > CountOfTrackingID then
    NEED - CountOfTrackingID = X
    Then open tbltransfers and find (Gauze pad - 4" x 4" - Non Sterile) for NEWLOCATION EIAHU4B that are NOT MARKED AS USED
    Then mark X number of transactions USED = True.
    Then move on to the next line item and do it again if need be otherwise exit and close the form.

Does this make a little more sense?

There will only be one user able to update one location. No two users will have access to the same location.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    You should research ReOrder Point and ReOrder Quantity - the concepts could be helpful in your automation.

Does the current database handle your test data and test scenarios? You are the only one who can determine that.

If you have multiple users, you should split your database into FE/BE.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    I offered code to do that in post 15.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Here is how far I have gotten:

Code:
    Private Sub Command61_Click()
    Dim DBSS As Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim rsrs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim j As Integer

Set DBSS = CurrentDb

If Me.txtTo & "" = "" Then
        MsgBox "You Must Select a Location to Inventory", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Pick Location"
    Else
        For i = 1 To 20
            If Me.Controls("item" & i) & "" = "" Or Me.Controls("n" & i) = 0 Then
                Exit For
            Else
                Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT DISTINCT Count(tblTransfers.TrackingID) AS CountOfTrackingID, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblProducts.PType, tblLocations.PLocation, tblTransfers.Used, tblProducts.ID " & _
                    "FROM (tblProducts INNER JOIN tblRequiredStock ON tblProducts.ID = tblRequiredStock.Product_FK) INNER JOIN (tblLocations INNER JOIN tblTransfers ON tblLocations.LocationID = tblTransfers.NewLocation) ON tblProducts.ID = tblTransfers.ProductName " & _
                    "GROUP BY tblTransfers.ProductName, tblProducts.PType, tblLocations.PLocation, tblTransfers.Used, tblProducts.ID, [type]=[type_fk] " & _
                    "HAVING (((tblTransfers.ProductName) = " & Me.Controls("item" & i).Column(0) & " ) And ((tblTransfers.Used) = True) And (([Type] = [type_fk]) = -1)) " & _
                    "ORDER BY tblLocations.PLocation;")
                If rs.EOF Then
                    Set rsrs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used FROM tblTransfers GROUP BY tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used HAVING (((tblTransfers.NewLocation)=" & Me.txtTo.Column(0) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.ProductName)=" & Me.Controls("item" & i) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.Used)=False));")
                    For j = 1 To Me.Controls("n" & i).Value
                        With rsrs
                            .Edit
                            !Used = True
                            .Update
                        End With
                    Next j
                    rsrs.Close
                    Set rsrs = Nothing
                ElseIf Me.Controls("n" & i) > rs![CountOfTrackingID] Then
                    Set rsrs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used FROM tblTransfers GROUP BY tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used HAVING (((tblTransfers.NewLocation)=" & Me.txtTo.Column(0) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.ProductName)=" & Me.Controls("item" & i) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.Used)=False));")
                    MsgBox "test worked"
                End If
                rs.Close
                Set rs = Nothing
            End If
        Next i
    End If

End Sub
    But when i go to use it.. I get:
    "Run-Time Error '3027': Cannot Update. Database or Object is read-only"

On debug it highlights .Edit

Thanks for the help

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Can't edit an aggregate GROUP BY query. Why are you grouping records?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL

Solved it.. Thanks June07 It was the grouping and Have code.. final code is

Code:
    Private Sub Command61_Click()
    Dim DBSS As Database
    Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim rsrs As DAO.Recordset
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim j As Integer
    Dim x As Integer

Set DBSS = CurrentDb

If Me.txtTo & "" = "" Then
        MsgBox "You Must Select a Location to Inventory", vbOKOnly + vbCritical, "Pick Location"
    Else
        For i = 1 To 20
            If Me.Controls("item" & i) & "" = "" Or Me.Controls("n" & i) = 0 Then
                Exit For
            Else
                Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT DISTINCT Count(tblTransfers.TrackingID) AS CountOfTrackingID, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblProducts.PType, tblLocations.PLocation, tblTransfers.Used, tblProducts.ID " & _
                    "FROM (tblProducts INNER JOIN tblRequiredStock ON tblProducts.ID = tblRequiredStock.Product_FK) INNER JOIN (tblLocations INNER JOIN tblTransfers ON tblLocations.LocationID = tblTransfers.NewLocation) ON tblProducts.ID = tblTransfers.ProductName " & _
                    "GROUP BY tblTransfers.ProductName, tblProducts.PType, tblLocations.PLocation, tblTransfers.Used, tblProducts.ID, [type]=[type_fk] " & _
                    "HAVING (((tblTransfers.ProductName) = " & Me.Controls("item" & i).Column(0) & " ) And ((tblTransfers.Used) = True) And (([Type] = [type_fk]) = -1)) " & _
                    "ORDER BY tblLocations.PLocation;")
                If rs.EOF Then
                    Set rsrs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used FROM tblTransfers WHERE (((tblTransfers.NewLocation)=" & Me.txtTo.Column(0) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.ProductName)=" & Me.Controls("item" & i) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.Used)=False));")
                    For j = 1 To Me.Controls("n" & i).Value
                        With rsrs
                            .Edit
                            !Used = True
                            .Update
                        End With
                    Next j
                    rsrs.Close
                    Set rsrs = Nothing
                ElseIf Me.Controls("n" & i) > rs![CountOfTrackingID] Then
                    Set rsrs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblTransfers.TrackingID, tblTransfers.NewLocation, tblTransfers.ProductName, tblTransfers.Used FROM tblTransfers WHERE (((tblTransfers.NewLocation)=" & Me.txtTo.Column(0) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.ProductName)=" & Me.Controls("item" & i) & " ) AND ((tblTransfers.Used)=False));")
                    For j = 1 To (Me.Controls("n" & i) - rs![CountOfTrackingID])
                        With rsrs
                            .Edit
                            !Used = True
                            .Update
                        End With
                    Next j
                    rsrs.Close
                    Set rsrs = Nothing
                End If
                rs.Close
                Set rs = Nothing
            End If
        Next i
    End If

'---------- Thanks for your help

DoCmd.Close

End Sub

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.