MPW is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit

Print Form from Navigation Form

Greetings! I'm not very skilled in Access but I've created a db for contact information (no templates suited my need). It's just one table, a form for data entry and a report to print results. I also created a navigation pane that the db opens to. All works fine except printing. If I click on the report from the nav form it displays properly but if I try to print it I only get the portion of the report that's on screen. If I drill open the report directly from the "All Access Obects" pane it prints all pages. I was hoping to keep the left pane collapsed and just click on the report in the nav pane. Is it possible to print the entire report while viewing it in the navigation pane? Thanks!!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Show the code that opens the report. Or attach project to post for analysis. Make copy, remove confidential data, run Compact & Repair, zip if still large.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MPW is offline Novice
    As requested, a copy is attached. Thanks for looking.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    I think the problem is that you are not printing a report, you are printing a form. I have never seen a report embedded on a form. I see no need for a form/subform arrangement, especially since there is only one table, nor for this navigation control. I would have one form bound to this table for data entry then a button in form header to Print report.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

MPW is offline Novice
    Thanks! Years back I created a dashboard for a Access project and had that in mind but dashboards are gone and navigation forms are in. Your button idea is funtional, clean, and results in a simpler interface. Thanks again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.