Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    sanderson is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    Well, editing checkboxes is a huge issue on my end...

The plan is to select the approve checkbox and hit a submit button, at which point the approved checkbox becomes checked. I do not necessarily need to change them on the form, but I want to see their value instead of the box with all squares. This is 100% of my dilemma, and as you saw there is only one form.

Thanks for your reply, and let me know if you think of anything. I would love to send you everything, much much of the data is linked on another server and it would be difficult, especially since it is looking at SQL Server tables.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'see their value' - you want to see the words True/False or Yes/No?

Why would you need a submit button? Checkbox is bound to field, its value is immediately passed to field.

Could have a Toggle button instead of checkbox - again, bound to field. A textbox could also be bound to the field, set the textbox as Locked Yes and Format property Yes/No or True/False.

Or a combobox bound to field with Format property set to Yes/No and a ValueList RowSource of Yes;No (or True and False).
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    There is a submit button at the bottom. The user checks approve for the # of boxes checked, and then submit. Upon submission, the approved value is set to true, and an email is sent for each user with a copy of their time card. When approved is set, it is no longer possible to check approve to avoid a second card being sent.

Everything works great. I'm still working on the email part. My dilemma is displaying the value of Approved. Note while I have the square boxes on the form, the values in the table are correct.

June7 is offline VIP
    If you want to show the value that is in the table, then must bind a control to the field. Or do a DLookup() expression in ControlSource.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2013
    Yes, I have done this. One table, one query to define and a form that either references that query (fields) or dLookup. I am baffled by this!

June7 is offline VIP
    As am I because I am not seeing this behavior in the db you provided.

JamesDeckert is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Have you tried adding the field to the form again? This shouldn't make a difference but if some property got set by mistake or something else. It is probably worth trying at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.