Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jtm013 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I am looking at frmCountOverdue. It has one textbox bound to CountOfRecordID.

This expression in textbox should work: =Nz([CountOfrecordID],0)
    However, I get error "There is an error compiling this function. The Visual Basic module contains a syntax error. Check the code, and then recompile it."
    Your VBA has procedures with API calls that won't run on my 64-bit computer. I simply deleted the two procedures and then Access compiles properly and the expression is accepted.

If there is a chance this db will run on 64-bit machines, need to research PtrSafe parameter in API declarations.
    I entered "=Nz([CountofRecordID],0)" (without quotes) into the text box. It still displays nothing when it should show zero.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    That's because there are no records that meet the WHERE and HAVING filter criteria. The query dataset is empty so there is no data to aggregate and no value for the textbox to evaluate in an expression.

Personally, I wouldn't build a query and a form just to return a single value for display. I would use domain aggregate.

=Nz(DCount("*", "tblDataPrime", "[toolNextCalDate]<Date() AND [toolActive]=True AND [toolLocat]<>'Scrap'"),0)
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Okay domain aggregate- never used this before.
    I'm inferring that I would input the expression into a text box directly on the desired form?

Aggregate functions- I had never used now I love them. This will save a lot of time vs my previous methodology.

Works great!

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, they can be handy but also slow performers in queries and textboxes. Will be able to see the recalc take place.

Sorry took me so long to grasp what you were doing and to finally present the alternative. Glad it works.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.