Pro1981 is offline Novice
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Simple search for locally stored database

What Id like to do is create a website or something similar so that other people on the network can search the database without having to load up access as some people will struggle with this.
    Ideally what I wanted was a webpage with a search facility that connected to the database, however Im unable to install anything on the computers or network.
    I'd be happy for just the text or the form to display as a result.

As a second option is there a way I can just publish say the form so people can either enter their search criteria or select from a drop down box or even both?
    Is this something that can be easily done or have I bitten off more than I can chew?

Ruegen is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2010 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro1981 View Post
    What Id like to do is create a website or something similar so that other people on the network can search the database without having to load up access as some people will struggle with this.
    Ideally what I wanted was a webpage with a search facility that connected to the database, however Im unable to install anything on the computers or network.
    I'd be happy for just the text or the form to display as a result.
    As a second option is there a way I can just publish say the form so people can either enter their search criteria or select from a drop down box or even both?
    Is this something that can be easily done or have I bitten off more than I can chew?
    It's not easy. I build our company database using Access (believe it or not)

you have to make strings that have HTML within the strings - then write them to a file outside of access.

You can use visual studio to create a web app with databases - that is what that is designed for.

Alternatively you can use Access' built in web app. New Access document -> Web App (depending on your access version).

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    What version(s) of Access do you have access to and what is the file extension of the Back End file?. The easiest thing may be to publish static data as .HTML

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.