Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Would have to analyze the Spanish version to try and understand what is happening with the currency display.

See your other post for comments about the pet weight.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

cheyanne is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    Good Morning June7

I suspect it has nothing to do with Access but rather everything to do with Windows 7 (or the operating system) From the depths of my memory I seem to recall a problem
    with currency fields before. For example if you are sending money by PayPal I seem to recall that you inserted a comma, rather than a fullstop, in order to make a payment.

For example if you wanted to send £50.25 to an acquaintance you typed £50,25 into the payment box otherwise the amount was rejected. I have asked the Vet to try inserting a comma rather than a fullstop, but as Sunday is her only day off (this weekend another Vet is on call for emergencies, I shall leave calling her until tomorrow.

I think this problem goes under the general heading of Windows Internationalisation. I may be wrong but need to chech this out first before we embark on any detailed analysis. For the record I use Windows 7 and Microsoft Office - Access 2010 (both English versions) I put my English Access database on her machine which also has
    Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional but both of her programmes are Spanish Versions.

Regards

Cheyanne

recyan is offline Expert
    Windows 2K Access 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by cheyanne View Post
    This email is in answer to Recyan's last email.

Ther is a possibility, albeit slight, that a current owner passes their pet to a second owner as a result of
    their relocation (returning to the U.K. e..g.) their demise, can't afford to keep the animal any longer,
    can't cope with it anymore etc. In these circumstances she normally takes the information from the Pets file
    and makes a new pet record with the new owner's details (new record for the Client iif necessary) and then
    declares the pet "dead" in the old record. She then has a New pet with either an existing Client or a new one.
    Not an expert, but from my point of view, would have separate tables
    tblCients - ClientID, .......

tblPets - PetID - PK, .......

tblClientsPets - This table would perhaps have ClientID & PetID together as unique or primary keys along with StartDate & EndDate & other fields.

Thanks

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Yes, the junction table would be appropriate if want to keep ownership history. Otherwise, instead of adding a new record in tblPets for the same pet and repeating info, just change the ClientID. Of course, if this is a new client will need to add them to tblClients.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.