How To Do The Opposite?

Hi,

I can't figure out how to accomplish this: I want to do the opposite of what this link suggests.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...986741033.aspx

In otherwords, I want the datasheet to be the "master". I want to be able to search filter/sort etc. records in the data sheet view, and when an individual record is selected (in the datasheet view) have it show specific notes pertaining to that record in the subform.

This might seem a little odd, but the person requesting this (not me) is familiar with Excel and wants to be able to review the records in an excel like format.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge. While I am familiar with many different aspects of Access, I have no idea how to acomplish this.

Thank-you,
    ~C

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    So this person wants to use Access as Excel? Can you teach me to play Chess using Checker pieces? Honestly, I don't know how to do this because, well, it shouldnt be done. If the person really wants to pretend its Excel, export it into excel and let them play around with it all they want.

It sounds like to me whoever wants it wants to treat the Access table like an excel sheet and use the excel Vlookup to run a pseudo-query. If this will end up being a repeated request, I'd suggest you get together with that person and discuss what that person's goal is and determine 1. if Access is even the correct tool to use, and 2. (if applicable) show this person how its done in Access.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.