epardo87 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2016

Query Duplicating Results

Hello,

I've created a DB a while ago and I'm quite rusty on access these days, turns out that the query is returning duplicated values, I remember having read that the INNER JOIN might have something to do with it, but can't remember how to fix it, here is the SQL,

I'd appreciate any help provided

Code:
    SELECT [tbl-Pretemp].Tiempo, [tbl-Pretemp].Alimento, [tbl-Pretemp].Gramos, [tbl-Pretemp].Día, [tbl-Pretemp].Paciente, NUTR_DEF.Nutr_No, NUTR_DEF.NutrDesc, NUT_DATA.Nutr_Val, NUTR_DEF.Units, [Nutr_Val]*[Gramos]/100 AS [N utr_PP], NUTR_DEF.Rep
    FROM NUTR_DEF INNER JOIN (((FOOD_DES INNER JOIN [tbl-Pretemp] ON FOOD_DES.NDB_No = [tbl-Pretemp].Alimento) INNER JOIN WEIGHT ON FOOD_DES.NDB_No = WEIGHT.NDB_No) INNER JOIN NUT_DATA ON FOOD_DES.NDB_No = NUT_DATA.NDB_No) ON NUTR_DEF.Nutr_No = NUT_DATA.Nutr_No
    WHERE ((([tbl-Pretemp].Paciente)=[forms]![frm-DietProgram]![txtUserID]) AND ((NUTR_DEF.Rep) Like "1"));
    Regards!

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Change the join type in the query design and see what happens. In the designer, click on the line that links the tables to open the Join Properties dialog.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

John_G is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    What do you mean by "duplicate values" in this context? Do you mean entire lines in the query results are duplicated (i.e. ALL the fields are the same), or just some fields?

The former (all fields duplicate) is unusual, but can happen (usually indicates a data error somewhere), but the latter (partial duplication) is perfectly normal any time a one-to-many relationship exists between tables in the query.

Can you clarify, please?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.