BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003

Filter query off form

Hi everybody,
    I am trying to filter a query off a form and I am stuck here. I have a very large table named AllBanks2012 and I made a cross query named InquireAllBanks2012. I created a new form named InquireForm with 4 text boxes on it:txtDate,txtName,txtFile and txtPostDate. In design veiw of the query InquireAllBanks2012 in criteria field , I typed following Like[Forms]![InquireForm].[txtDate]&"*", Like[Forms]![InquireForm].[txtName]&"*",and so on accordingly the fileds on the query I would like to filter . I set commad button "Run Query" on form with code DoCmd.OpenQuery "InquireAllBanks2012", acNormal in event one click . So if an user wants to filter query based on these four fields , he types parameters in text boxes and than click "Run Query" .The problem trhat it returnes no data, but there are datas . I typed dates and I know that table contains data for these dates , but the quiery returned no data. Might be Like[Forms]![InquireForm].[txtDate]&"*" something wrong here. I tried Like[Forms]![InquireForm]![txtDate]&"*" , but it still the query returned no data.

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thnak you in advance for help,

BorisGomel

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Are these fields allowed to have Null? If so, the Like criteria won't work. Need to handle the nulls. Create fields in query with expressions, like:

Nz(fieldname,"")

Then put the Like parameters under these constructed fields.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

BorisGomel is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2003
    Thank you June 7. I did as you told me and now it woks. Thank you very much.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.