jlclark4 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003

Fields not Linking to Table

I am not sure why, but in the images below you can see that I have the Control set to Detail in the main table but the information does not stay selected when you go to a new record and does not record on the table. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Is there possibly something that needs to be in the code after the Combo (Detail) does the requery?

And also, I would like to thank all of you for all the help you have provided me this week!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Presuming your form fields/controls are all bound to the form's record source's fields - - - then the generic reason why data does not write to a table is that the record/data is 'dirty' when one leaves / advances and the db presumes you do not want the change.

- - this is easily tested by definitely tabbing out of any edited field or mouse clicking the cursor into another field...

- - if you think the human will be advancing/exiting records from a field during the editing stage one can force the write with a me.dirty=false statement tactically applied to an appropriate event.

hope this helps.

jlclark4 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I am not going to lie, I do not understand what you are saying. All the fields are set to required so a new record can not be created without filling in all fields. Yet, the Detail box still doesnt stay selected when you go back to other records or add a new one.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.