pwong is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

access2010 will only print one row per page

Our office here has various versions of Windows and Office, our XP Pro machines uses Office 03 or 07, while our Windows 7 machines uses Office 2010.

so anyhow, we have this database in mdb format(which was created with Access 03), and when try to print out a report (print preview) using Access 2010, it outputs only one row(one record) per page. While the same attempt with the same database using access 03 & 07, I can get as many rows (records) as one page can fit before moving onto the next page.

is this a problem on the setting of Access 2010 or my data base was probably not the most compatible with Access 2010?

thanks

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    it is frustrating when an app behaves differently in a new version. I don't think it is that the database is not compatible with Access 2010 generically. It is just an issue that needs to be solved.

one point of complication involving Reports is that that their behavior is dependent upon the graphics card of the PC - meaning that it is possible the behavor would be the same if you installed Access 2003 on this same PC; but for now - I would just hold that issue to the side.

Reports have the group parameter which will dictate page break location. There is also a page break control which does too. White/blank space can alter the page break as will the Can Grow property. Fundamentally I would begin by inspecting the report when on the 2010 machine in its design view. One of these aspects may be in play in the 2010 app that isn't, for some reason, in 2003. Why? I can't say. Sometimes we find things that just need to be tweaked.

(Because of the graphics card issue one should definitely not expect 2 machines to have exactly the same row count when there is an auto page break even when 2010 is not involved.) Also - if you are stumped; You might consider whipping up a new report in 2010 - at least just the bare features of it - using the same record source - - just as a sanity check and for comparisons.

pwong is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    it is frustrating when an app behaves differently in a new version. I don't think it is that the database is not compatible with Access 2010 generically. It is just an issue that needs to be solved.

one point of complication involving Reports is that that their behavior is dependent upon the graphics card of the PC - meaning that it is possible the behavor would be the same if you installed Access 2003 on this same PC; but for now - I would just hold that issue to the side.

Reports have the group parameter which will dictate page break location. There is also a page break control which does too. White/blank space can alter the page break as will the Can Grow property. Fundamentally I would begin by inspecting the report when on the 2010 machine in its design view. One of these aspects may be in play in the 2010 app that isn't, for some reason, in 2003. Why? I can't say. Sometimes we find things that just need to be tweaked.

(Because of the graphics card issue one should definitely not expect 2 machines to have exactly the same row count when there is an auto page break even when 2010 is not involved.) Also - if you are stumped; You might consider whipping up a new report in 2010 - at least just the bare features of it - using the same record source - - just as a sanity check and for comparisons.
    Thanks for your reply NTC, I will try to open the database in the Office 2010 machine and see if I can find anything.

pwong is offline Novice
    I got it fixed, thanks NTC, it was a "Can Grow" option in one of the cells that created this page break in Access2010.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.