sabre1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)

A form unable to show all records from multiple tables which are linked

I am a novice creating my first database for a company and i would really appreciate some help.

I have a tabbed form which has fields from multiple tables on it. I have a combo box which allows me to search a clients ID and it brings up all the information for that client from multiple tables e.g their name from an information table, their address from an address table and their investments from an investment table. This is done through linking the tables through a one to many relationship by the clients ID all from the information table eg. Info table(one) - Address table(many) and Info table(one) - Invesment table(many) . However some clients may not have any investments and therefore does not have a client ID in the investment table, this is where the problem occurs, when i try to search for the clients which do not have any investments the combo box does not even populate the fields from the information table such as the name. I have found out that i would need to have the clients ID in the invesments table even if the other fields aren't populated just to get the information fields in the form populating. Is there a way round this?
    Any tips or advice would truly be appreciated as i have spent many days trying to get round this problem.
    Kelly

LillMcGill is offline Dagny fan
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Change the join type between Info and Investors. It is currently an inner join (the default type). Look up join types.

sabre1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Thank you so much for your quick reply, this was indeed the answer, i thought it would be so simple to solve. I also have another question, my form has some how changed itself to being uneditable, no records are locked and the form is set to alowing edits and additions etc but for some reason i cannot edit the records.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.