Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cosimo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isladogs View Post
    You're welcome.
    The AccessForever blog team is currently considering the various reasons for this behaviour with a view to writing an article & alerting the A-team
    There appear to be at least three causes: running Grammarly, saving to OneDrive, enabling the TextCursor indicator in Ease of Access settings.

All very different causes but disabling each worked for the users affected. Clearly this could be a difficult nut for the Access team to crack
    I'll keep everyone posted if the issue happens again. And I'll be following the discussion over on that other site to see what progress is being made.

Thanks again.

Cosimo is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosimo View Post
    I'll keep everyone posted if the issue happens again. And I'll be following the discussion over on that other site to see what progress is being made.

Thanks again.
    I don't know if this might be a clue to one cause, but Grammarly, the text cursor indicator, and Autocorrect all have something to do with text.

I wonder if turning off Autocorrect instead of turning off the Text Cursor Indicator would also fix the problem, in cases where the problem starts when the Text Cursor Indicator is enabled.

I haven't the time right now to mess around with it, since I'm moving files to my new PC, etc.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Just tested your suggestion. Name autocorrect doesn't make any difference.
    If the text cursor indicator is on, a hanging instance remains whether or not name autocorrect is enabled

EDIT:
    For info, there is now an AccessForever blog article summarising the latest information.
    The Access team have now confirmed being able to reproduce the issue with the Ease of Access text cursor indicator enabled.
    I'll provide an update when we have more information.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    UPDATE 15 May 2024
    I reported the text cursor indicator as a definite issue about 10 days ago
    Yesterday I did some further testing and found 2 other ease of access features also trigger the hanging instance. These are the Magnifier and Narrator features
    I reported those new findings this morning. Coincidentally, at around the same time that a member of the Access team stated a fix to the text cursor issue had been done.

They have since confirmed that this will also fix all accessibility triggers (and hopefully other unrelated causes)
    The fix will be released in the 2305 update around the end of May

The following articles have been updated today with additional info: Forcibly Shutdown Access (isladogs.co.uk) ; Hanging instance of Access after closing a database (accessforever.org)
    Last edited by isladogs; 05-15-2024 at 03:05 PM.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.