DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Adding a Seperator in HTML Table

Hi Guy's, I have 5 HTML table setup for Monday to Friday, all works a dream but unsure if or how i can add a separator

separator being a blank row in the HTML table ? the code below will add schedules for all "drivers" for that particular day of week, can or how can I add a blank row after each driver ?

The below is all drivers schedules for Friday

Code:
    strHTML5 = "<HTML><Body><table border='3' width=auto'><font color='blue' size='3' face='Arial'>" & _                "<tr><th>Day</th><th>Delivery Date</th></th><th>Driver</th><th>Del No</th><th>Delivery To</th><th>Town</th><th>PostCode</th><th>Qty</th><th>ETA</th><tr>"

strBody5 = strHTML5

strSQL5 = "SELECT tblRoutes.DayName, tblRoutes.DelDate, tblRoutes.Driver, tblRoutes.DelNo, tblRoutes.DelTo, tblRoutes.Town, tblRoutes.PostCode, tblRoutes.Qty, tblRoutes.ETA " _
                & "From tblRoutes " _
                & "GROUP BY tblRoutes.DelDate, tblRoutes.DayName, tblRoutes.Driver, tblRoutes.DelNo, tblRoutes.DelTo, tblRoutes.Town, tblRoutes.PostCode, tblRoutes.Qty, tblRoutes.ETA " _
                & "HAVING (((tblRoutes.DayName) = ""Friday"")) " _
                & "ORDER BY tblRoutes.Driver, tblRoutes.DelDate, tblRoutes.DelNo;"

Set rs5 = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL5)

Do While Not rs5.EOF

If IsNull(rs5.Fields("DayName")) Then
            sDayName = "No Date Set"
        Else
            sDayName = rs5.Fields("DayName")
        End If

strBody5 = strBody5 & "<tr>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & sDayName & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & Format(rs4.Fields("DelDate"), "dd-mmm-yyyy") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & rs4.Fields("Driver") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs4.Fields("DelNo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs4.Fields("DelTo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs4.Fields("Town") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs4.Fields("PostCode") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("Qty") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("ETA") & strFE & "</td></tr>" & "|"

rs5.MoveNext
        Loop
    Hope i have asked this clearly

After each driver (Add a blank row to sperate)

Or a suggested method to make separation ?

Thank you indeed

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    usual way would be to use the paragraph code

<P>......</P>

DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thanks CJ, wouldn't <br> tag do it also ?

I am thinking this where I have changed highlighted red

Code:
    If IsNull(rs2.Fields("Driver")) Then
            strDriver = ""
        Else
            strDriver = rs2.Fields("Driver") & "<br><P></P></br>"
        End If
    But then i guess i am generating line feed and paragraph

Not tried yet but is the way i am trying correct ?

Code:
        strBody2 = strBody2 & "<tr>" & _        "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & sDayName & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & Format(rs2.Fields("DelDate"), "dd-mmm-yyyy") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & strDriver & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("DelNo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("DelTo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("Town") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("PostCode") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("Qty") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs2.Fields("ETA") & strFE & "</td></tr>" & "|"

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I'm not an html expert but pretty sure that won't do what you want. There is a difference between line breaks and new paragraph - but guess it might work if you included it twice. You may find this link useful

https://www.w3schools.com/TAGs/

madpiet is online now Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    "after each driver"... so you want to either (a) insert a blank row or (b) use CSS to make the "header" row taller? (If the latter, use <th><td>...</td></th> and then format the <th> with CSS. W3Schools is your friend.

DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Guy's thank you

@madpiet

Yes exactly that, add a blank row between each driver,

(a) insert a blank row

DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Just unsure how,

didn't know if i can set a varibale prior to table then include it in the body or do i need a "for each" prior to body or do something within the body on the rs.fields driver (strDriver)

Windows 10 Office 365
    <tr>
    <td></td>
    <td></td>
    </tr>

I'd create a string for a blank row... like the above (I added returns to make it clearer). You could use the recordset and get rs.fields.Count and loop to create the blank row... then assign that to a variable. Then append that after the driver.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Create variables at the top of your code, then use them wherever you want to inside your function/sub.
    (I'd use styles/classes to do the formatting. LOTS more flexible. Inline formatting is a pain if you want flexible code/styles.)

Windows 10 Office 365
    Oh, the "after each driver" bit... you want to store the "old" value for the driver's name in a variable, and then compare to the new value (rs2.Fields("Driver")) and when the two are not the same, then you insert a blank row (just create it as a string)...

Const cBLANKROW As String = "<tr><td></td><td></td></tr>"

then in your code, when you detect the change, you'd just append the cBLANKROW value to your table in a variable

strTable = strTable & cBLANKROW

and then you'd continue your loop, reading the next record.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.