TOPSie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Where are the printer details held for a Report?

I have a very complex report which lots of fields and 3 subReport elements. The report size is set to fit on A5 paper and when printing correctly prints the main part of the report on the front of the paper and if data is present prints the subReports on the back - i.e. double-sided printing. It has worked successfully for many years, but has recently started to misbehave on one user's system.
    The setup is quite simple. I have a development system where I produce updates to the main .accdb file. The latest .accdb file is uploaded to a file server and 2 pc's download a copy of the .accdb file and begin operation.
    There have been no changes to the code in the area of the report in question.
    The development machine has a small Epson printer and the 2 production pc's have large HP LaserJet printers (LAN connected)

Viewing the page set up of the report on the development machine shows this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard_03-16-2024_03.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	51600

When the app is loaded on the first production pc the same page set up shows

Name:	Clipboard_03-16-2024_02.jpg 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	51601

And this pc produces the report correctly

But the 2nd production pc shows this:-

Name:	Clipboard_03-16-2024_01.jpg 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	51602

And thus prints to A4 (and single sided!) If I change the settings on this second pc to A5 then it does indeed print to A5 but still single sided - the report on one piece of paper and either a blank page or the expected second side (depending on the contents of the subreports.

Exactly the same thing happens if I swop the printers by changing the default printers - so the 2 pc's use the other's printers.

So my question is - where are the page set up details stored or acquired from as it appears that they are not properly burned into the accdb file??

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Fairly certain the page setup becomes embedded in the report properties. Did you go through the options (ribbon page setup tab)? Choosing a specific printer instead of 'default' may help but I think the development pc would also have to be mapped to what user pc's are mapped to in order to set that in the options.

See if this helps
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...3-90273f692517

Or you can try to control this at print time
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ngs-in-reports
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

TOPSie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The development PC is off-site. I will try "developing" the app on one of the on-site pc's and then copy it back to the development machine (and try not to touch the report in question in development mode again).
    The only reason I query this solution is that it "works" on one production pc but not the other. But I will report back after doing the back-fit

Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.