New! Push same access data entered into form into multiple word documents

I am extremely overwhelmed and new at this, and I am probably overthinking this. I honestly have not used access since 2010, and only used it briefly for the job I was working at that time. I have been trying to refresh my access knowledge in between Federal regulatory timelines, and single mom life. Which results in a lot of stop and starting events.

The first part of this project: I am attempting to create a DB where data for a case is entered into a form and/or subforms. Buttons to push the same data (i.e. case number, complainant name, contact info, etc.) from various different tables into multiple word documents (i.e. cover letter, affidavit, certification form, etc.)

Does anyone have existing code for this or a sample data base and any coding for word that I may have to put in. I understand the bookmarking part and have accomplished that, but its getting it from excel to the word documents that I havent figured out yet.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Can you not use Access reports instead of Word docs? Surely there is plenty of code examples from an internet search, but unless you need to use Word, reports are much simpler to work with. You can even publish them as pdf's so that no one can alter the contents if that matters. If you need the recipient to be able to edit the content, then reports are not suitable for your purpose.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Unfortunately, running a report would not work. The intent is to streamline my process. Open access pull up the case form, enter the information, hit a button to populate all the various information for each document needed, send out the word documents needed for that step. Move on to the next. Entering it into one form vs. opening 15-20 different word documents (each one is different and required to send) and entering in the same case number type situation.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Not making sense to me, but that's OK. Using what you've posted, I see it as
    - open case form, enter data
    - click button to create report based on form data
    - don't show report, just convert it to pdf
    - send pdf(s) as email attachment(s)

Not clear to me if you'd want/need to create one report with e.g. 15 pages and split them into 15 pdf's or if there are 15 records, each of which creates a one page report. Either way, there could be 15 attachments. Each pdf could take the name of a report field, e.g. case number, if needed.

Anyway, I'll leave the populating of Word fields to someone who knows about that. However, in one part of your post you mention Access and have posted in an Access forum, but you also mention that the data is in Excel. If that is the case you might want to look at Automation to get it from Excel to Word because I don't see a tool in Excel to publish to Word. Access does have several tools for publishing a report as other types, Word being one of them but as rtf I think.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    To transfer data from Access to Word you can use various methods, using bookmarks and\or placeholders is one of them, but a more integrated option across the Office suite is mail-merge. While some users are complaining about it as being cumbersome I found it over many years as being a very valuable and powerful tool, especially if implemented properly by removing the direct link between the Access database and the Word mail-merge template (by using a temporary text file as the mail-merge source like in Super Easy WordMerge: http://www.kallal.ca/msaccess/msaccess.html).
    https://www.access-programmers.co.uk...access.323202/
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

madpiet is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Depends on what kinds of "things" you're sending to Word. You can do this by, say, opening a parent recordset and looping through it... (one record per Word document, and stuffing the values from your fields into bookmarks in your Word doc)... and then you can insert tables by maybe using CopyFromRecordset and then converting that into a table once it's been pasted into the Word doc. It's been a while, though, so I'm not 100% on the gory details. Could you be more specific about what you're trying to merge to Word?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.