TOPSie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Printers. How to use specific paper type?

A very simple configuration. 2 PCs each with a dedicated (network) printer. Both PCs run exactly the same Access code (they load the same accdb file from a server at start of day.
    The application prints invoices on A5 paper.

One of the printers has broken so I reset the default printer of its PC to point to the other printer. Other (A4) reports print successfully to the working printer. But the A5 reports cause a problem.

So on the PC with the broken printer I opened the A5 reports in Page Setup mode and specified the Tray number of the A5 stock and successfully printed to A5.

Overnight the PC unloaded the app. Following morning the app was reloaded from the server and now A5 printing is a problem again.

I thought that this page set up information was held somewhere else on the PC not in Access to allow the same app to run with different printer configuration??

Does anyone have a definitive "The black art of printing with Access 2016"?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have read about but not used this approach: In report design view, page setup tab on ribbon, set the page size for the report. On property sheet Other tab, set 'use default paper size' to yes. Then the report should print on the designed paper size and not the default of the printer. I believe you must be connected to the printer that has the desired size option, otherwise you would not be able to choose it from the size list.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.