DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016

HTML Termination

Hi guy's and happy new year to you all, can you kindly prompt me where i am going wrong here please ?

I have gone through this many times and looked at what i have done previously and still can't get this correct!!!!

The issue i have is the strSign (email signature) is going into the last record inside the HTML table status field within the rs loop, this makes me believe i am not terminating the HTML table correctly but just can't see the issue, i must have looked about 40 times and gone totally bananas now at: </tr> </td> to terminate the HTML table then use "<br>" then strSign

strFS & strFE is a string for font setting
    shpDate iweek commencing set as date
    TOD is Time Of Day string

Highlighted red is where i thought my problem is ?

Code:
    strHTML = "<HTML><Body><table border='2' width='auto'><font color='black' size='3' face='Times New Roman'><tr><th>DelTo</th><th>Town</th><th>PostCode</th><th>Item Type</th>" & _            "<th>MFG</th><th>SL</th><th>Boxes</th><th>Rails</th><th>Status</th></tr>"

strBody = strHTML

strSQL = "Select * From tblEdit WHERE PostCode Like ""*" & strPC & "*"" And ShipmentDate = #" & ShpDate & "# And DelTo = '" & strDelTo & "' ORDER By ItemType, Status DESC"

Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL)

strIntro = strFS & TOD & "<br><br>Below is a list for: " & rs.Fields("DelTo") & strFE

Do While Not rs.EOF

Select Case rs.Fields("Status")
        Case Is = "Friday"
            strStatus = "Due In On " & rs.Fields("Status")
        Case Is = "Monday"
            strStatus = "Due In On " & rs.Fields("Status")

Case Is = "Planning"

Select Case rs.Fields("TotalBox")
            Case Is > 0
                strStatus = "At DMT Currently In " & rs.Fields("Status")
            Case Is = 0
                strStatus = "<font color='black' size='3'><i>Waiting Arrival</i></font> Currently In " & rs.Fields("Status")
            End Select

Case Is = "Delivery"

If Not IsNull(DLookup("DeliveryDate", "tblAssign", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")) Then
                DelDate = DLookup("DeliveryDate", "tblAssign", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")
                    strDate = "Already Delivered " & Format(DelDate, "ddd-dd-mmm-yyyy")
                    strStatus = strDate
            End If
            If IsNull(DLookup("DeliveryDate", "tblAssign", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")) Then
                    strDate = "Assigned For Delivery"
                    strStatus = strDate
            End If

Case Is = "Collection"
            If Not IsNull(DLookup("CollectedDate", "tblCollections", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")) Then
                DelDate = DLookup("CollectedDate", "tblCollections", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")
                    strDate = "Already Collected" & Format(DelDate, "ddd-dd-mmm-yyyy")
                    strStatus = strDate
            End If
            If IsNull(DLookup("CollectedDate", "tblCollections", "[PostCode] = '" & myPC & "' And [ShipmentDate] = #" & ShpDate & "# And [DelTo] = '" & strDelTo & "' And [SONumber] = '" & strSL & "'")) Then
                    strDate = "Assigned For Collection"
                    strStatus = strDate
            End If
        End Select

strType = rs.Fields("ItemType")

strBody = strBody & "<tr>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("DelTo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("Town") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("PostCode") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & strType & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("ItemNo") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("SONumber") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("TotalBox") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F8F8FF'>" & strFS & rs.Fields("TotalRail") & strFE & "</td>" & _
            "<td style='background-color:#F5F5F5'>" & strFS & strStatus & strFE & "</td></tr>" & "|"

rs.MoveNext

Loop

Set myItem = myApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)
        Set OutAccount = myApp.Session.Accounts.Item(1)
        With myItem
        .subject = mySubj
        .To = "emailaddress"
        .HTMLBody = strFS & strIntro & "<br>" & "<br>" & _
                strAsk & "<br>" & "<br>" & _
                Replace(strBody, "|", "<br>") & "<br>" & _
            strSign
        .SendUsingAccount = OutAccount
        .Display
        End With
    strSign is going into last record status field, i can't see why

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Where is the tag that ends your table? I can't see it. Perhaps that is the reason?
    </tr> </td> to terminate the HTML table
    Uh, no - that would be </table>?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi Micron, thank you, i did look at that but that still isn't adding the records in the HTML table, even though yes it has stopped the signature going into the table

Am i going nut's here ?

Code:
    strHTML = "<HTML><Body><table border='2' width='auto'><font color='black' size='3' face='Times New Roman'><tr><th>DelTo</th><th>Town</th><th>PostCode</th><th>Item Type</th>" & _ 
               "<th>MFG</th><th>SL</th><th>Boxes</th><th>Rails</th><th>Status</th></tr></table>"

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    that still isn't adding the records in the HTML table,
    You didn't say that was a problem. It was, or it is now? You wouldn't terminate the table before building all of it, but it appears that is what you are now doing.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

DMT Dave is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I missed out the usual method what i use which does the work required, still involves what you said about </table> totally was correct thank you Micron

I normally set strBoxStart and strBoxEnd at the very top of my code so any part of the code can use it which is what i didn't do on this occasion, lapse of concentration and lost in work

Code:
    Dim strBoxStart as String, strBoxEnd as String
    strBoxStart = "<script><table width='auto';style='text-align:left;border:1px solid black;font-family:calibri;border-collapse:collapse;padding:10px'><tr style='background:white;mso-highlight:blue' ctx.shadowblur;20; ctx.shadowcolor;blue></script>"
    strBoxEnd = "</tr></table>"
    In fact, i would be better adding to a public function so i can just call strBoxStart and strBoxEnd wherever required and that would stop me forgetting

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    If you use the same values everywhere just set them as constants in a global module somewhere?
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Edgar is online now Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    I would suggest to use the HTML reference. That way, you won't need to keep track of opening or closing tags. You also wouldn't need to do string manipulations and your code would be cleaner and easier to read for you and others.
    Please click on the ⭐ below if this post helped you.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.