bxdobs is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2003

Unknown issue possibly with Outlook 11.0 Object Library

Access VBA code written and tested on one machine (run and formatted for Office 2003 reads and processes emails unattended from Outlook 2016) ... when this access application is transferred to another machine, using the same Library References, there are 2 issues stopping the process

1) OUTLOOK 2003 states: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" This question requires a HUMAN response to DENY or ALLOW access for a max 10 minutes (this absolutely won't work for an unattended application) ... Outlook 2016 on the working machine doesn't complain ... Outlook 2003 (on the machine expected to run this application), is requesting a human response

Code:
    oEmail.SenderEmailAddress ' From: address isn't necessarily in the Outlook Address Book
    2) in debug mode on the machine having issues
    a) Expanding the oEmail object shows <No Variables> ... the working machine shows all of the oEmail Values

b) the following variables were manually printed with the following results
    Code:
    - ? oEmail.Class  -> 43  ' 43 is the expected object class, all other classes are filtered out 
    - ? oEmail.Subject  -> returns the expected subject
    - ? oEmail.body ->  run-time error 287 application-defined or object-defined error (this works on the development machine
    - ? oEmail.recipients.count -> returns the expected value
    - ? oEmail.importance -> returns the expected value
    The expectation was that on both machines, the ACCESS VBA code, references the SAME libraries ... so very confused by this failure ... both machines have the same test emails ... I looked through the security settings for Outlook 2003 and believe all the full stop or pause for response type settings have been turned off

I suspect issue 2 may also be related to Outlook wanting a human response to its security question

I realize this question is related to an old version but was hoping someone might recall this as an issue and know how it can be resolved.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    This is a very common topic for 2003 and older, the common workarounds are using Outlook Redemption equivalents (https://www.dimastr.com/redemption/download.htm) or a SendKeys implementation (which is not usually very reliable):
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...s-code-correct
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...macro-in-excel
    The big question is why 2003....maybe time to upgrade. The warning issue has gone away since 2010 or 2013 as long as the computer is properly protected with an anti-virus app.

Cheers,
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Windows XP Access 2003
    The big question is why 2003
    Office 2003 Pro Perpetual/Persistent Licencing ... simple apps that don't require the MS FLUFF they keep adding to Office ... Plenty of functional hardware gathering dust ... KISS

Basically taking a W7pro PC with Office 2003 Pro gathering dust in the corner and putting it to work as an unattended fully automated Notification and Confirmation server with just a few lines of simple VBA code ... prototype worked well on my laptop ... certainly didn't anticipate Outlook 2003 needing to be hand-held.

My question is why MS provides MACRO and VBA capabilities if they aren't going to allow use of them.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You might want to look into sending email using VBA and CDO library. Maybe your IT dept would allow it. When I used it, I never asked.
    You can get the server details by looking at the headers of an email sent by you or anyone else in your organization.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    You might want to look into sending email using VBA and CDO library. Maybe your IT dept would allow it. When I used it, I never asked. You can get the server details by looking at the headers of an email sent by you or anyone else in your organization.
    I am the IT Issue is with Receive ... not using Outlook to send ... Outlook 2003 basically pops up a dialog waiting for a human to allow or deny access to email data ... I need this process to be unattended so this is an issue Outlook on my Dev Machine works fine so now looking for a reputable source that can provide a lifetime license for Outlook 2016 32bit

2007 would work just as well. That is what I used.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.