Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bilakos93 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

db.zip
    There you go

Hi

Well yet again your relationships are all wrong (see attached)

1. All tables should have a PK - Autonumber with a name other than just "ID"
    2. Your table "tblStudents" has a primary key set on the field "agm" which has a DataType of Number set as Double
    3. Your table "tblStuDiag" has a PK ste as "ID" whcih should be named "StuDiagID"
    4. Your table "tblStuDiag" has a field named "Student" which is set as a Lookup Field. You need to Google "The Evils of Lookup Fields in Access Tables"
    5. Your table "tblStuDiag" has field named "Diagnosis" with a DataType of Text, which is set as a Lookup Field. You need to Google "The Evils of Lookup Fields in Access Tables"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RI.png  
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

All that is moot ATM?
    I would just get the query working before you start grouping, small steps

However I cannot get the query to recognise your report date for either criteria?
    Edt: That was likely due to that other query perhaps?

Code:
    SELECT students_rep.lname, students_rep.fname, students_rep.agm, tblStudDiag.diagnosis.Value, tblStudDiag.duration, DateAdd("d",duration-1,StartDate) AS EndDate, students_rep.nd_dsls & " " & students_rep.taksi AS Class, forms!dailyreportdate!rdate AS reportdate, DateAdd("d",[duration]-1,[StartDate]) AS Expr1
    FROM students_rep INNER JOIN tblStudDiag ON students_rep.agm = tblStudDiag.student
    WHERE tblStudDiag.StartDate)<=[Forms]![dailyreportdate]![rdate] AND DateAdd("d",[duration]-1,[StartDate])>=[Forms]![dailyreportdate]![rdate];
    I honestly do not know what you have done, as I created a new form with a date control and referred to that, removed the formcontrol you had as a table field, and yet it still prompts for reportdate!rdate ??
    OK, found it in the other query.
    Code:
    SELECT students_rep.lname, students_rep.fname, students_rep.agm, tblStudDiag.diagnosis.Value, tblStudDiag.duration, DateAdd("d",duration-1,StartDate) AS EndDate, students_rep.nd_dsls & " " & students_rep.taksi AS Class,  DateAdd("d",[duration]-1,[StartDate]) AS Expr1
    FROM students_rep INNER JOIN tblStudDiag ON students_rep.agm=tblStudDiag.student
    WHERE tblStudDiag.StartDate<=[Forms]![form1]![rdate];

I get two records with a date of 12/09/2023
    No idea if that is correct or not, even with the AND ?
    AGM 00171 and 03877 are the two records produced, but query is slow as hell due to that first query?, even on an SSD.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    looks like your form is corrupted. This works for me

Code:
    SELECT students_rep.lname, students_rep.fname, students_rep.agm, tblStudDiag.diagnosis.Value, tblStudDiag.StartDate, tblStudDiag.duration, DateAdd("d",duration-1,StartDate) AS EndDate, students_rep.nd_dsls & " " & students_rep.taksi AS Class, [forms]![form1]![rdate] AS reportdate
    FROM students_rep INNER JOIN tblStudDiag ON students_rep.agm = tblStudDiag.student
    WHERE (((CDate([forms]![form1]![rdate])) Between [StartDate] And DateAdd("d",[duration]-1,[startdate])))
    GROUP BY students_rep.lname, students_rep.fname, students_rep.agm, tblStudDiag.diagnosis.Value, tblStudDiag.StartDate, tblStudDiag.duration, DateAdd("d",duration-1,StartDate), students_rep.nd_dsls & " " & students_rep.taksi, [forms]![form1]![rdate], DateAdd("d",[tblStudDiag].[duration]-1,[tblStudDiag].[startdate]), forms!form1!rdate;
    I created a new form (called Form1) and populated with a single control called rDate - also had to modify your other query to use the new form as well

Bilakos93 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    dailyreportdate!rdate is also used for the query students_rep , that's probably why

All the entries are from 12th Sep onwards , so not sure, I'll have a look in a moment

CJ_London is offline VIP
    If you are responding to me, read the whole post

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
    If you are responding to me, read the whole post
    Probably me CJ, as it took me a while to find the prompt reason.
    However when I use my Form1 in both queries, I do not get the prompt and the query runs presenting two entries.

I got rid of all the Group By to just make a simple select.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    using a date of 13/9/2023 I got around 10. But now deleted all from my pc so can't verify

CJ_London is offline VIP
    think the OP only responds to the post they get advised about, doesn't see the rest

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_London View Post
    using a date of 13/9/2023 I got around 10. But now deleted all from my pc so can't verify
    I get 13, however I removed the group by.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

Bulzie is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    To Troubleshoot: Take out the first part of the Where "[tblStudDiag].[StartDate]<=forms!dailyreportdate!rdate and" and see if it works with the last part. Also can test with replacing [tblStudDiag.duration]-1 with an actual number and see if it works, etc. Replace the !rDate with actual date and see if it works. Do all these one at a time to pinpoint where the issue is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.