gtsolid is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

PProduct composition

Hi,

I'm looking for a query which ask the name of the group eg. "110-05" then read how the group is made (a table is made for each group composition) and tells me the warehouse situation. The are 2 warehouse tables raw and finished items used to assembly the final product.
    For example I need 1 pc of 110.00.104 to mount a 110.05. So I go into the other table and i see I have 13 pcs of 110.00.104 that are ready (table "Magazzino") and 90 pcs that are 50% in the production line (raw material)

I attach a smaller version of the db.
    At the end I'd like to get a table in which I have [Codice;Qnt_required;Qnt_available;Qnt_raw]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gtsolid; 11-04-2023 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Missing images

Hi
    Sorry to say this but you will need to start again with the construction of your database.

All of your tables have a PK - Short Text

All tables should have a PK - Autonumber which are used to uniquely identify each record in each table.

You have not set any Relationships between tables as shown in the attached Relationship Screenshot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RI.jpg  
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    A table for each group composition is not optimal db design. Really should be 1 table with another field for group ID linked to a parent table with each group as a unique record.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

gtsolid is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    A table for each group composition is not optimal db design. Really should be 1 table with another field for group ID linked to a parent table with each group as a unique record.
    Can you explain better?
    I can can create a table with parts and another with groups. I can link them with a third table in which a put 1 where the raw of part crosses the column of the group it can be mounted:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-20 183907.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	51077
    and then how to write a query tell me the number of "part_x" missing to mount a complete "Device_x"?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.