Jimruns919 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2019

Access Macro Issue

I have been creating MS Access Databases for different areas of work and they work perfectly... until I put the database on a network drive which users all have full access to. Then, when they open the database they receive an error that macros are blocked so my VBA does not run.

I have created about 4 different databases and the same thing happens on all of them. I have the network location listed as a trusted location, I have tried copying the database to the local desktop to test it, I have set all network and subfolders as safe, I have even marked all macros as safe in the options but it just will not work.

I am sure it is something I am doing but I just cannot figure out what. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated as I have databases I want to roll out for testing to users but they cannot open them.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I have the network location listed as a trusted location
    each user needs to have this set as a trusted location

Windows 10 Access 2019
    I am trying to add the mapped network drive and it says it cannot be added for security reasons. I was able to do it and save the database to a network location and create the database and it runs fine on that share, but only for me as an administrator but the drive I created for everyone for these databases to be located in will not allow me to set that even though I have it check to allow network locations. I even tried using the server URL and same error.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    but only for me as an administrator but the drive I created for everyone for these databases to be located in will not allow me to set that even though I have it check to allow network locations. I even tried using the server URL and same error.
    You need to go to each users machine, open access, go to trusted locations and set it from there

Windows 10 Access 2019
    I actually made a little progress. First, I had to go into INTERNET OPTIONS and then add the network location as a TRUSTED LOCATION.

Then I went into ACCESS OPTIONS and TRUSTED and was able to add the location, but not as the network drive. I have to add it as the URL.

Once I did that I was able to open the database but it has an error regarding active content. Once I click on the yellow bar to ENABLE CONTENT it runs so I am further along.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Once I click on the yellow bar to ENABLE CONTENT it runs
    that should happen automatically with any user who opens an access file that is not in a trusted location

June7 is online now VIP
    Is database split design?

Use UNC pathing in table links and network drive mapping is not needed. I use a VBA procedure to modify table links before distributing frontend. https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=37443
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.