Question Form flashes when changing records when it is a popup form, if popup is off no flicker

This is a bit long winded but I have done quite a bit of troubleshooting.

I have a database for my music and player pianos. The main form frmTitles is a tabbed form with two tabs. The first page has the title information and the second page has song information subfrmSongs. The song page has 2 sub forms on it for composer and performer information. The database currently has 2,034 titles and 21,581 songs.

On frmTitles is a place to put an image of the CD cover, player piano roll label etc. I first started the database in 2014. At that time the only way to do this was with I believe OLE objects which saved a copy of the image in the database. Four years ago I learned about the image control and I updated the form to use this instead. Now frmTitles has a TitlePicture text box which contains the path to the image file for the title which is in MusicPictureImage. The control source for TitlePicture and MusicPictureImage is TitlePicture which is the field in tblTitles.

Up until three weeks ago I had used the 32bit versions of Access, then Office 365 and then Microsoft 365. Three weeks ago I removed the 32 bit version of Microsoft 365 and installed the 64 bit version. Now frmTitles originally was a popup form. Now the form has the following issue. When the form is first opened (at the first record) there is no screen flashing. I have navigation buttons programed on the form and when you go to another record the image control flashes three times. However if I turn off the popup form option the screen flashing disappears!

I tried turning on the Access Navigation buttons to see how they reacted. With popup form turned off my controls have no flashing but the Access Navigation buttons still flash 3 times. With popup turned on both the Access nav buttons and my nav buttons flash 3 times. Here is the code for btnNextRecord

Private Sub btnNextRecord_Click()
    'Comments : Go to next record
    'Parameters :
    'Created : 09/29/2018
    'Modified : 05/18/2022
    '

Application.Echo False
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNext
    Application.Echo True

End Sub

Next I commented out the Application.Echo commands, saved and closed the form and reopened it. The Next button now had the 3 flashes and the other buttons were fine.

So I guess my question after all of this is why will this form work with popup form turned off but not if it is turned on. It worked in the 32 bit version in popup mode but not in the 64 bit version?

moke123 is online now Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 11 Office 365
    Are the pop ups dialog? Is there other code running? When does it occur? On form Load or when clicked on?
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

What do you mean are the popups dialog? The form frmTitles is itself a popup form. There is not other code running. It occurs when custom navigation buttons are clicked. If I change the popup property of frmTitles off the navigation buttons behave normally.

It seems the issue of the flashing screen is an Access bug. When the form property for POPUP is disabled then the form works normally. When the popup property is turned on the flashing begins. It seems to have something to do the the Image Control. When I remove the image control from the form there is no flashing no matter what the popup property setting is. Is there a place to report these things to Microsoft?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.