Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Miles R is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Office 365

White rectangle behind Button on hover

I have a button set to a quick style on a tabbed form. When I hover over the button, a white rectangle appears behind the button and never goes away until the form is closed.

Is this a known bug?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.JPG  

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by "quick style"? How is this accomplished? Is this a feature provided after Access 2010?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Yes this is a new feature - not sure when it came in, but it is Access with Office 365

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    June7 - Yes.

Miles -
    I wasn't able to replicate the problem in Access 2019. Can you provide a bit more information concerning the form design? An image showing the form in design mode with more real estate covered? Is the button on top of another control?
    If possible, an upload of sample DB with the problem?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I've seen questions about it from 2013 users. If you have it, it's on the ribbon Format > Control Format. You need to select a control that the feature applies to, otherwise it's greyed out.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    Okay, I see it now in 2010.

Cannot replicate issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Office 365
    The button is on one of the tabs and the detail section of the form has a light green background (as in my image).
    I can easily replicate this, but its only obvious if the background to the button is not white.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you can't post a db with the issue, at least say so? It can cut out a lot of back and forth questions.
    This could be an ordinary form where forms are rendered in tab view, a tab control on a regular form or a tab on a navigation form.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

June7 is offline VIP
    "button is on one of the tabs" - a command button sitting on a tab control page? I still cannot replicate no matter where I position command button nor by changing backcolor.

davegri is online now Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    I can easily replicate this,
    Well we can't. Do you mean the button is ON the tab itself? Problem here is "what is tab?" We need more detail to replicate the problem. Without more information, I can't help and will speculate no more.

Windows 10 Office 365
    OK, I'll have another stab at this. Just created a simple form with a tab control and two buttons. One outside the tab and one inside. the Detail has a light green background. As you can see, the button inside the tab has a white rectangle behindClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	49693 this.
    Note that the tab has a background style of transparent.
    Can't upload a database.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Tested using A365 with exactly the same arrangement as in your screenshot.
    The only way I can replicate the issue is to use a button from the third row of the quick styles gallery which are designed to have a white outer edge
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Office 365
    isladogs
    Thanks for having a go at this. Yes, if I use the 3 row I too get a white border, but my button style is the bottom row which does not have any border, but does have a shadow.
    The white rectangle only appears when I hover over the button, then it persists until the form is closed and re-opened.
    I have attached the properties of the tab control. The button is just a default button created with quick style column 2, row 6. the Detail section has the background set to light green.
    I've done some further experimenting and the rectangle behind the button seems to be set to the Pressed Color of the tab control. If I set the pressed colour to the detail background the rectangle is not seen.
    I think this is a bug though.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.9 KB 
ID:	49694

June7 is offline VIP
    Access 2010
    Transparent tab control
    Detail section green backcolor
    Command button on tab page
    PressedColor for tab control and button same setting
    Test every row of quick style

I do not get this white rectangle when hovering.

Windows 10 Office 365

Uploaded database

Thanks for trying this. I am now thinking this is a quirk on my system - maybe something with the video/monitor - its about 7 years old.
    As a final check, I have managed to upload the database - hopefully I have done this correctly.
    In this version, if you open Form2, you will see a Green button and a Tab control with two Pages. if you go to Page 5 you will see a Blue button appear. On my system, if you hover over the Blue button, a yellow rectangle appears behind it. The does not go away when you don't hover. The yellow rectangle also appears if you click the Green button.
    If no one else sees this, it must be something to do with my system.
    ThanksDatabase1.zip

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.