Axelbox is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Query problem

Hi Guys,

I am not able to solve a very simple query problem. I attached photos about my question.
    I marked the records with red on the photo, that I would like to see in this query.
    In the line column there are 3 different data A07 , A08, S64. Every line data have more skill date ( ex A07 has 2022.07.04. 11:22:10 , 2022.07.04. 11:19:38 , 2022.02.09. 09:14:10 )

The marked records ( 3 records ) with red is the last date ( in skill date column )for every Line ( A07,A08,S64 ) that I would like to see ( ex. Line: A07 skill : C skill date : 2022.07.04. 11:22:10 )

How can I define the query that it can show only 3 records which marked with red?

Thank you very much your help in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo1.JPG   Photo2.JPG  

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    You will have to remove skill field from your totals query because including it as a group will create a group record for every skill. That gives the appearance that you are getting all the records. When you remove and save, create a new query and join skill from your totals query to the skill field in dbo_masterdata. You should get whatever the skill is for the max date.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Axelbox is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    You will have to remove skill field from your totals query because including it as a group will create a group record for every skill. That gives the appearance that you are getting all the records. When you remove and save, create a new query and join skill from your totals query to the skill field in dbo_masterdata. You should get whatever the skill is for the max date.

First of all, thanks your answer!

As you wrote I removed the skill field from totals query and saved, it is OK! I created a new query but how can I join the skill filed from total query to dbo.masterdata? In dbo.masterdata there is no skill field..

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I meant to use skill_matrix_data; the field that you removed from the query, the 4th one from the left in your image. You might have to remove master data from the 1st query - depends on what the rest of the records are. At some point you might end up with "duplicate" records as before because you are including names as a group item. So the approach might turn out to be
    - use matrix data without skill field in 1st (Totals) query. This is to get single records that satisfy the aggregate function you use (e.g. Max)
    - in 2nd query, add 1st query and matrix table, join matrix skill to query skill. This should relate proper skill to the record provided by the Max of the 1st query.
    - in 3rd query, add 2nd query and master data table. Join personal number to sap number; add name field to get name.

EDIT - or just do 1st two steps if that turns out to be OK, which means you'd leave the master table in the 2nd query
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.