yes sir is offline Competent Performer
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Criteria for Report/Query being ignored

I have a report with a record source based on a query that has certain criteria that must be met in a particular field. However, this criteria is being ignored in 4 of the 5 reports. These five reports are similar except that they are dividing all the records up into the five separate reports based on this one field. The only one that is working, is the one whom's data is showing up on the other four reports.

Do I need to show more, or can anyone tell what is going on here? All five reports have their own separate record source.

I have a feeling I might have to explain more.

Ok. Here is the whole enchilada.

I have 5 reports based on all of the basketball player's positions. So there are five positions (Center, Power Forward, Small Forward, Shooting Guard, and Point Guard).

I have a query for each set to show only one position. So the Position field is one with the criteria. However, I also have a Rank field. For this specific report, I assign a certain value to the rank column. So I have some criteria in the rank column as well.

What seems to be happening, is that all five of the reports are just meeting the Rank Criteria and completely ignoring the Position criteria. Of course, my reports are being sorted by rank. However, I messed with one of my queries and sorted by position, and then sort by rank, however I still have Power Forwards showing up on my other position reports.

Well, apparently, I have to add a Filter to each Report's properties. Which seems stupid.

Can anyone explain why my Position criteria is being ignored for the reports?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.