jordanturner is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Purchase Order Preview Problems

Hi all,

I have a purchase order form with a sub form from a transactions table. The purchase order form had various fields such as employee name (combo box)
    order date, delivery date etc.

The sub form has itemName, UnitPrice, QuantityOrdered. These are initial fields for ordering. When an order gets delivered, then the user can come back to the purchase order and fill in these fields on the sub form:

QuantityReceived, QuantityOnHold, ReceivedBy(employee name) and DateReceived.

The problem I am now having is previewing this as a report. The order will preview fine if all columns on the sub form are filled in, but if they are left then nothing will show on the report. The idea behind this is that they only fill in fields up to QuantityOrdered when first ordering the items, then preview the report and email to supplier as an order. The form is useless if you have to fill in all fields because last few field are for when items are delivered.

Hope someone can help me

Thanks in advance

Jordan Turner

NTC is offline VIP
    Your post is not clear. If no data is showing in a subreport - then the first thing to check is whether the underlying record source has data or not.

jordanturner is offline Advanced Beginner
    Thanks for the reply, I will try to explain myself better. The purchase order form has these fields. PurchaseOrderID, EmployeeName, Date, ItemName, QuantityOrdered, UnitPrice,
    QuantityReceived, QuantityOnHold, ReceivedBy, DateReceived.

The purchase order form basically has two sections. An ordering side, and a side for handling an order's delivery (the received fields). The problem I am having is that the report that I generate from this to be emailed to a supplier does not show any data unless every single field is filled out. This is really bad as when making an order as only the ordering fields will be filled out.

I hope I have explained this better than the first time

Thanks again

Regards

Jordan Turner

NTC is offline VIP
    It does not strike me that the fields on the form are the issue.

To my eye, the issue is the report behavior where you write:
    the report ..... does not show any data unless every single field is filled out

That is not correct behavior. So first one should check the underlying record source of the report to see if there is data there. A subreport will not display if there is no data - so that might be correct. But a main report will display its fields with blanks.

Note: If you are opening the report, while the form is still open, - check to see if the form has the write/pencil icon active to the left of the record. If so - then your issue is that you have not completed the record. To force the completion of the record you want to look up the Dirty method function in help or your text book.

Hope this helps.

evander is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 Access 2003
    Sounds like an INNER JOIN issue.

Do the form and the report get their data from the same query? Or two different queries? Maybe you can give us a screenshot of your queries. Thanks.

Jan

Purchase Order Preview Problems

Hi Jordan,

You mention a transactions table. Is this database a single table?
    If not then.

-How are your tables related?
    -Are the tables joined in a relationship?
    -Do you have primary and foreign keys set?

Richard

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.