gripper is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

2 programming issues

I have downloaded from MS an Access contact manager template. I have a couple questions on some performance issues.

When in a form (contact list) I do a search in the top filter box without any problem then when I release that filter it has the following error:

"You cannot disable a control while it has focus" I have an attached .pdf with screen shots to show the errors the macros that go with it.

My second issue is when I double click on the contact list form to be taken to that particular contact detail form I get a parameter box that I need to remove. I cannot seem to find where to remove it at.

Again I attached a pdf with screen shots and some short notes.

For info I have check the MS support site and found no good info on this. I have been working on this issue for over a week now and cannot seem to fix this. I would appreciate all the help you can give.

Thank you.

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    The first is an oddity of sorts; the error message is actually very descriptive. You're trying to disable a control that has focus (the button). Add a line before that one that sets focus somewhere else.

The second is likely due to the form itself or its underlying data source (if a query). I assume you deleted the Company field, but somewhere in the form or its source is a reference to that field. The parameter prompt is Access saying "I can't find this". If you open the form directly from the navigation pane, does it still prompt? If so the problem is the form, not the macro opening it.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    gripper,

in the PDF it says that the db is for an internal company. I would be inclined not to assist if this is a paid job...

but at any rate, check out the code behind the button on the contact list form (prob 2). it should have code similar to:
    Code:
    domcd.openform "etc..", , , , , , "last item in list"
    that last item will most likely be one word in double quotes. That is what may be popping up the message.

a simpler workaround to this would be just to scrap all of the button's code and write this line instead:
    Code:
    docmd.openform "CONTACT DETAILS", acDialog, , "[id] = " & me.id
    good luck to you!

gripper is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Actually this is not a paid job. I am working on this for my non-profit group and I am modifying a template I downloaded and began to run into this error.

The forum suggestion help. I was able to resolve.

Thanks for all the help.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.