nood is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Smile Stupid Question ?

First let me just say that this is the first time I am using Microsoft Access and I have the 2010 version. I am in a computer class ( online ) and my first assignment is to create a database ( which I did ) of 8 people and then enter 1/2 of them in a form view and half in a layout view. I do not understand what this means or how to do this. Can someone please help ?? Thanks!!!

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Well, since this is basically homework, I won't go into as much detail as I normally would :P

Basically, the assignment is asking you to make a simple Form in access that lets you add users to your database.

Once you have that Form made, they want you to enter 4 users straight into the Table and then enter the other 4 users using the Form you made.

Assuming it's an entry-level course, the assignment is simply meant to show you some of the short-hand methods of setting up a small Access Database.

(hint: look for a way that has Access make the Form for you!)

nood is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    When you say form do you mean the list of people/ addresses,etc. That I created first. I usually am good with picking these things up but I'm not to sure on some of the term. Could you explain what form and layout views are??

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Any Form or Report has two possible "Views".

Layout View - How the Form will appear when you're using it. In this view you can't make any changes to the appearance or design of the Form.

Design View - This is the way you will see it when you're making a Form or changing it. When in Design View, you will not be able to use the Form to enter data into your database.

If you already have a Form made up, then the rest of your assignment is fairly simple:

• Open the Table directly and enter half of the users straight into it.
    • When you're done, close the Table and open the Form. Enter the remaining users using your Form.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.