johnkl49 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2000

Thumbs down Basic commands in Access 2007

I am using a pull down box where I select a key for my employees that call out late, overtime, sicktime, etc. When I enter their call out status by key I would like to populate the appropriate field with the hours they were out. Example (S) for sick time. I want to enter the "S" then in a field I have called sick, enter the hours they were out in a field called sick hours. They same will go for key's OT for overtime will populate the call out as OT and the hours they were out in the OT field.

If it's too complicated to link a key with the appropriate table I'll just do it the simple way and add the hours manually.

Thanks

Icewolf0927 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    The one way i was thinking is that you could create a form that has a field were they put in the S or OT ect. Then put the fields that you want to have updated with the time on the form and hide them. Then in a macro you can unhide the fields base on what they put in the one field. I hope this makes sense.

michaeljohnh is offline More Human than Human
    Windows XP Access 2007
    This should have the basic functionality you are looking for. You'll need to populate the table with your actual employees names and add more categories to the combo box but for demonstrative purposes it should suffice.

I used a few VBA statements that looks at which selection you choose from the combo box and then sets the corresponding table field equal to its current value plus the value you just entered. That is, the table fields are culmative.
    Last edited by michaeljohnh; 09-23-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: editted to provide additional explanation.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.