kroenc17 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question Form using requerys and report generating

Hello all, new to MS Access and this forum.

I'm trying to create a form that has two combo boxes. The first combo box references my 'Projects' table for the 'Project Manager' field. The second combo box needs to show the 'Project Name' from the 'Projects' table for which the above chosen person is the Project Manager. After choosing which project I wish, it needs to generate a report which shows project information stored in a table called "Weekly Status Updates" which contains the Project ID, a memo field with a weekly update, concerns, who entered the data, etc.

In my access database there is already a form (which I did not create - the person in this position before me who actually knew Access did) which contains the same combo boxes (although the second box ONLY pulls up Active & On Hold projects - mine needs to pull up Projects - All) and then generates a form to enter the weekly status update.

I'm trying to make a form that shows all weekly status updates for a selected project, after choosing a project manager. I've tried copy and pasting the combo boxes into a new form but after I select a Project Manager I get the error "Forms!Project Search!Combo7".

Here is the data entry for the 'choose project manager' combo box on the original form:
    SELECT Employees.[Employee ID], Employees.[Last Name], Employees.[Employee Status] FROM Employees WHERE (((Employees.[Employee Status])="Active")) ORDER BY Employees.[Last Name];

and for the project name combo box:
    SELECT [Projects - Active & On Hold].[Project Name], [Projects - Active & On Hold].[Project Manager], [Projects - Active & On Hold].[Project Manager].Value FROM [Projects - Active & On Hold] WHERE ((([Projects - Active & On Hold].[Project Manager].Value)=[Forms]![Project Search]![Combo7])) ORDER BY [Projects - Active & On Hold].[Project Name];

Combo7 refers to the first combo box. there is a query that 'requeries Combo7'

I'm completely in over my head.. PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!

kroenc17 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    still looking for any input.. thank you!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.