charly.csh is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2007

Checkbox with conditional If and Dlookup with two conditions

Hi everyone,

I have question regarding a code I am trying to do and it's driving me crazy...

I have a table named as "Work_Team" which contains a lot of people from a company with diferent departments; the most of them have assigned a Production line like the Quality department, Engineering, Production Department, etc. There are other departments more generic that can attend everybody and not neccesary needs to assign a "production line" like warehouse and human resources or sales, etc.

I inserted some checkboxes (One by department) into a form named "Main_Form", The idea is to assign people into a Textbox named "TeamM" and it should select this people from the table "Work_Team" where the production line coincide with the form's droplist "Me.ProductionLine"

As a example one of this checkboxes is "WT_Warehouse" so I what I want to do is...

if the person assigned to the Warehouse has any productionline the "event" take the person by default from warehouse
    but if I assigned into my table a production line for the warehouse guy the "event" would look for the guy where the department is Warehouse AND Production_Line coincide with Me.Line_Production

Also when I unselect the checkbox this guy should be removed

This is my code, I made that by parts but all together does not work... Your help is highly appreciated

************************************************** *****************************
    Private Sub WT_Warehouse_Click()

Dim Warehouse1 As String
    Dim StrWarehouse1 As String
    Dim Warehouse2 As String
    Dim StrWarehouse2 As String

'Clicking on the Warehouse checkbox and the field TeamM is empty

If Me.WT_Warehouse = -1 And Len(Me.TeamM & vbNullString) = 0 Then

'Here the field "Name" from the table Work_Team is the person responsible of the Warehouse department and it would work if this guy has a production line assigned, if not, should move to the next condition

Me.TeamM = DLookup("[Name]", "[Work_Team]", "[Department]= 'Warehouse' And [Line_Production]= '" & Me.Line_Production & "'")

'If the line below is empty it should move to the line below; I do not know if this is the issue...

ElseIf Me.TeamM = DLookup("[Name]", "[Work_Team]", "[Department]= 'Warehouse'") Then

StrWarehouse1 = DCount("[Name]", "[Work_Team]", "[Department]= 'Warehouse' And [LineProduction]= '" & Me.Line_Production & "'")

'Here should start the next condition... If I unclick on the checkbox to eliminate from the "TeamM" textbox the guy from warehouse

ElseIf Me.WT_Warehouse = 0 And StrWarehouse1 >= 1 Then

Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, StrWarehouse1, "")
    Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, Chr(10), "")
    Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, Chr(13), "")

ElseIf Me.WT_Warehouse = 0 And StrWarehouse1 = 0 Then

Warehouse2 = DLookup("[Name]", "[Work_Team]", "[Department]= 'Warehouse' ")

Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, Warehouse2, "")
    Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, Chr(10), "")
    Me.TeamM = Replace(Me.TeamM, Chr(13), "")

End If

'I highly appreciate if you can help me to correct what it is wrong from my code

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    How is this question different from your other thread https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=80494 ?

How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Hi June7

It 's different in the way that I just put into a part of the code... but all together does not work, maybe I should start my last thread with all the explaination I included in this new one
    Could you help me on this new one?

June7 is offline VIP
    "Does not work" means what - error message, wrong result, nothing happens? Have you set a breakpoint and step debugged? Follow the code as it executes. Does is do what is expected?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 8 Access 2007
    It is stopping when I unclick on the WT_Warehouse in this line

'Here should start the next condition... If I unclick on the checkbox to eliminate from the "TeamM" textbox the guy from warehouse

Do you know what would be changed?

June7 is offline VIP
    What do you mean by "stopping" - is there an error message?

Windows 8 Access 2007
    Nop is just point this line in yellow out

When I review the code it is showing as result ""

June7 is offline VIP
    There has to be some sort of message.

StrWarehouse1 is declared as a String yet your expression tests for a numeric value. In another place you set the variable to a number with DCount(). Declare the variable as an Integer.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.