Newbie1 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Red face Filter one field based on another in a form... an obvious Newb question!

Hi All,

Ok, so I am not so much a newb, I have more or less got by through stealing code samples and customising them, but don't we all right?? ;-)

anyway, I'll explain my issue quick and simple.

I have a db with several tables - the tables all have a common field - "ContractID" - which is made up of several character/number combos (so not an autonumber field).

I would like to build a form (I have some experience but not much) for querying info (forms I have built before have been for inputting records). The main table (here called TBL000) has "Region", "Country", "Supplier" and finally "ContractID" (there will be more than one ContractID per supplier). Then each table has differenc info about that contract stored.

I would like the form to be able to first ask for Region (so it needs to look at the TBL000 region field and find the options and list them) then filter the "country" field to display only the countries under that region, then supplier, then finally contractID.

can this be done easily and without VB? maybe just some sample on getting the first two fields and I could figure out the rest! I just don't know where to start!!

thanks guys!
    A.

weekend00 is offline I may not be right
    Windows XP Access 2003
    No code, No way

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.