VISHAL.VODRO is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Help : Subform Implemention

Hi!

Somehow with lot of obstacles and difficulties I've managed to make the application/database Stock.zip that I wanted to make for my purpose (with the help of this and another similar forum obviously).

But right now I'm stuck in making two Sub-forms only, one is for Product Purchase another is for Product Issued.

Wanted someone to shed some light with some example/sample in my existing database.

Thank you, all of you...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What exactly do you not understand?

Review https://access-programmers.com/main-...bform-concepts

Options:

1. main form bound to t1Products with 2 subforms t2Purchases and t3Issued with comboboxes to select supplier and employee

2. 1 main form bound to t2sSuppliers with subform bound to t2Purchases and combobox to select product, another main form bound to t3sEmployees with subform bound to t3Issued and combobox to select product
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Very happy for the prompt response, and would go through the link to understand gradually, thank you very much dear....

ssanfu is offline Master of Nothing
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    Hi, VISHAL

Did you tear into the example dB I posted? https://www.accessforums.net/showthr...000#post423000

That main form/sub form was for an Emp issuing products. You should be able to use that form to create a similar form in your new dB.

Use the same thinking for the Suppliers/Purchases main form/sub form.

I would highly suggest to NOT use a table as a form record source. Use a saved query or a SQL string as I did.

Post back showing the forms you created if you hit the wall again (or even if you want feedback).

Good luck with your project.....

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I've just turned the same table into a Form along with Sub-form Stock - Subform.zip, knowing due to the lack of knowledge; it's not the proper way but this is what the display I wanted about.

Drawbacks In this method, the query of Purchase & Issued doesn't seem to work. neither I could edit/modify the Purchase and Issued items later on by form.

Is there any way to get the same diagram working with a different solution?

One more thing, in the Product table (t1PRODUCTS), the primary key is linked with both Purchase & Issued, reason being when I click on that + sign in product table, it asks me to insert Subdatasheet and I'm confused about that...

June7 is online now VIP
    Main form and subform should not have the same RecordSource. This does not fit either option described in post 2.

t1Products links to 2 tables but a table can show only 1 Subdatasheet. Disregard this. Don't work directly with table. Use form.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Main form and subform should not have the same RecordSource. This does not fit either option described in post 2.

t1Products links to 2 tables but a table can show only 1 Subdatasheet. Disregard this. Don't work directly with table. Use form.
    Ok, can you please modify the form on my behalf if you don't mind dear. I understand what you say, but faced bit trouble doing that...

June7 is online now VIP
    I rather you do it. The instructions in post 2 are clear enough. Why are you having trouble setting RecordSource property to tables? I know some advise using a query or SQL statement but for a start, try just referencing tables. When that works, then try SQL statement if you want.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    ok dear will go through.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.