securitywyrm is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

How to center a form WITHOUT the form being a pop-up?

Currently I have a control panel for my database, but it's anchored to the top-left corner. People will be using this on a variety of monitor sizes, from a 3:4 to an ultrawide. I would like this form to center in the screen, but I don't want it to be a pop-up. I want the form to just be in the middle (horizontal and vertical) of the screen.

The auto-resize and auto-center options only work with pop-up. Anchoring to the middle distorts the form. Any suggestions on how I can accomplish centering the form without it being a pop-up?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Auto-center works for me and form is not a popup.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    To be precise, Autocentre shifts the form to the centre of the screen horizontally but not vertically.
    AFAIK, there is no simple command to centre it vertically but it can be done using vba based on the Access window height and the form height.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

I have tried turning autocenter on. The form stays in the top-left corner. The form is fairly small, and centering it horizontally would be just fine.

Is there some other property that could be preventing it from centering with auto-center turned on?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autosizefail.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	36402

If you are using Tabbed Documents, change to Overlapping Windows in Access Options
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!

The "overlapping documents" is hideous. There's always bits of old forms sticking out, forms stay on top when you open a different form, and I want each form to occupy the whole screen when it's open. My users WILL break stuff horribly if they can see more than one window at a time.

So how can I center a form in tabbed view?

That's a matter of opinion. I hate tabbed documents.
    When I create a new database, its the first setting I change.
    Anyway, in answer to your question, you can't because the tabbed documents fill the entire screen UNLESS you have a popup form

In any case, if you want a form to occupy the whole screen as you said in your last post, this whole thread is pointless!
    A form that fills the whole screen is automatically centred on the screen both horizontally & vertically!

Okay I kinda think it's maybe working. One new issue is that when I open the form, it "locks" the form based on if it opens on the "regular" monitor or the "ultrawide" monitor. I have to move this around a lot, and what it thinks is "centered" seems to be locked based on when it opens and not the size of the actual program window.

June7 is online now VIP
    I also hate tabbed documents (first thing I change in setup), especially in design mode - can't see tables, queries, forms reports side-by-side (or top-bottom).

Forms can be programmatically opened full screen in a db set for Overlapping.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.