dysonju is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Prompting for Date Entry then Showing only Records Within One Year

I am trying to run a query that will only show me employees who have retired within a specified date range. I have used and expression to prompt for a date entry, then used the datediff function to calculate the difference between the "EffectiveDate" and the Entered Date. When I attempt to put a stipulation to only show records where the DateDiff is less than or equal to 365 days, I get propted to enter the "EndDate" again. Below is the Code....I only want to enter the date once.

SELECT [Employee Status].EmployeeName, Employees.LastName, Employees.FirstName, Employees.MiddleName, Status.ID, Status.Status, [Employee Status].EffectiveDate, [Enter EOY Date as MM/DD/YYYY] AS EndDate, (Int(DateDiff("d",[EffectiveDate],[EndDate]))) AS CalculatedDateRange
    FROM Employees INNER JOIN (Status INNER JOIN [Employee Status] ON Status.ID = [Employee Status].Status) ON Employees.[Employee ID] = [Employee Status].EmployeeName

WHERE (((Status.ID)=3) AND (((Int(DateDiff("d",[EffectiveDate],[EndDate]))))<=365));

GinaWhipp is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    Then I would use a Form with a field to enter the End Date with a button to open the Report.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.