Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 10 Access 2016

HTML is this possible?

Good morning!

Can I do this?
    Code:
     & " making your assessment account "<font color=red>" & "60 days delinquent."&"</font>" &
    Or should I quit trying? The whole thing:

Code:
    ="Our records indicate that your assessment account is now past due in the amount of $" & Format([bal],"#,###.00") & " through " & Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfdate]),"mmmm") & " " & Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfDate]),"yyyy") & " making your assessment account "<font color=red>" & "60 days delinquent."&"</font>" & " Please remit payment in the amount of $" & Format([bal],"#,###.00") & " or contact me no later than 4:30 p.m. on " & Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()),1+Month(Date()),1)," mmmm d"", ""yyyy") & " to set up the suggested Payment Plan, which is enclosed with this letter."
    Text box is set to Rich Text, I want the "
    60 days delinquent" in red. I've successfully done it with one word in a separate control and can do bold and underline. But client really wants RED.

Access 2016. I get Invalid Syntax error. This works without error:

Code:
    ="Our records indicate that your assessment account is now past due in the amount of $" & Format([bal],"#,###.00") & " through " & Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfdate]),"mmmm") & " " & Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfDate]),"yyyy") & " making your assessment account 60 days delinquent.  Please remit payment in the amount of $" & Format([bal],"#,###.00") & " or contact me no later than 4:30 p.m. on " & DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month(Date())+1,0) & " to set up the suggested Payment Plan, which is enclosed with this letter."
    I thank you in advance :-) ~PEACE~

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You can format different parts of a text string where its in a memo field. For example:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RichText.PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	36217
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    And in your usage, you need the html tags within the quotes, not outside them. Form references and such that need to be evaluated go outside.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Gina Maylone is offline Always learning
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I got it! YAY! Thank you all! Had to mess with those quotes a bit Paul, but this was the end result:
    Code:
    ="Our records indicate that your assessment account isnow past due in the amount of $" & Format([bal],"#,###.00")& " through " &Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfdate]),"mmmm")& " " &Format(DateAdd("d",10,[Forms]![runassessments]![lfDate]),"yyyy")& " making your assessment account <font color = red>60 daysdelinquent.</font> Please remit payment in the amount of $" &Format([bal],"#,###.00") & " or contact me no later than4:30 p.m. on " &Format(DateSerial(Year(Date()),1+Month(Date()),1)," mmmm d"",""yyyy") & " to set up the suggested Payment Plan,which is enclosed with this letter."

pbaldy is offline Who is John Galt?
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Glad you got it working! The quotes do seem complicated, but one day it will all fall into place.
    Paul (wino moderator)
    MS Access MVP 2007-2019
    www.BaldyWeb.com

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.