Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blindguard is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007

Hmm ye, this is straight into a table, I want to change the dropdown field, and the checkbox next to it should fill. He wants me to turn this DB in later today, so I'll spend the rest of the day trying to link them together. I would've created the forms properly and set it up to do everything if I had enough time, but I don't.

My plan in the end was actually to have the forms add cars, add customers. But also have a rental form, which would just change the "RentedBy" dropdown menu and check the "Rented" checkbox in the car table. It would consist of just 3 comboboxes, the name of the customer, the car manufacturer, and the car model. This would of course apply to the selected car, add the customers name next to it, and have another form which would work in reverse (I guess), where the customer chose their name, then the car they are currently renting would pop up, if chosen, it would be a return form which would remove their name next to the car, and uncheck the checkbox.
    But it seems that require a lot more work than I got time for.,

No solutions? I tried the "AfterUpdate" -> If values, "If Dropdownmenuname = IsNull then Checkboxname = 0 Else Checkbox=-1" but it doesn't like it :P

Minty is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The drop down in the table isn't linked to any events, other than data macro's . It's not a combo box per se it's just Access's (overly) convenient way of indicating you used a table level lookup. (Bad)
    That's why you should always use a form.

As described before forms are your goto method for data entry / editing and allow a wide variety of control over what happens.
    They are the only way to really handle the data.

I'd like to see him create this in the time allocated , given your knowledge level, and his apparent lack of understanding...
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

Blindguard is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2007
    Had about a weeks time to set it up, first day had to be spent on planning and cleaning up the rest of the job I had to do. : /

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.