The gray bar used to go away when I opened the Navigation bar to access forms and queries, etc., and then return when I closed it. But now it seems to be staying on all the time. No, there is no footer. The Navigation buttons on the main form have been set to off, I just switched it on, and the gray bar went away! Thanks.

I get it, that you can't repeat the issue I am having with the format property. It is certainly odd. I have been through several computers, Windows versions as well a Access versions, and it has always been an issue. I have looked around for a setting related to it, but can find none. I have office 365 and keep the latest versions of Windows and the Office products, including Access. This database, however is new, beginning with the first of the year.

I also just tried turning off the Status bar under Options, and that improved the layout vertically. The main form was always scrolling vertically, slightly, and I could not get rid of it. Removing the Status Bar, however, did the trick. So, I guess our exchange has been helpful in other ways, if not fixing formatting the date.