Whazzzzzup17 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Creating Multiple Projects Schedules in Access. MAX function - Excel Template Provided

I’m in need of some help converting an Excel spreadsheet to Access, but I’m having trouble setting up the interface with Access.

About

I track hundreds of project schedules that use the same schedule outline template. Each schedule performs at different time frames. I’m currently doing it on Excel, however, it has become very slow, and will only get slower with historical and other added features.

Here’s what the spreadsheet does and what I’m trying to convert to Access.

Spreadsheet

There are 3 tabs – Actuals, Projections, Baseline.

1. Actuals: Input the date a task is started and completed for each project. This is the only tab that involves input
    2. Projections: Calculates the projected start and end dates based on the actual start and completion date.
    3. Baseline: The original schedule projection based on just the start date of the projected.

I attached a sample schedule that show (5) projects. I need help setting this up on Access, but keep in mind I currently track 100+ schedules and have about 200 other historical schedules.

I have no idea how to reference certain rows based on the predecessors and how to obtain the max function for the latest date in order to calculate the next start date for the projection and baseline tab.
    Last edited by Whazzzzzup17; 07-17-2018 at 07:34 PM.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    This has already been written in ms Project. It does it all,have you seen it?

Whazzzzzup17 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Project isn't practical for the amount of schedules I track consistently. It is more of a platform to work on 1 schedule at a time that generally have different template. Project also doesn't allow me to manipulate the data as I typically do. Project doesn't allow to monitor and analyze historical. I can go on for a while. My expertise is Excel and Project.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    No attachment....

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.