Talion78 is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Candidate Qualification Database

Hi,

It's been a very very long time since I used access, and my knowledge is gone....so considering myself as a beginner.

I've just started a new role where spreadsheets are used for everything, but pulling off any management information is a nightmare, so I want to transfer all the spreadsheets into a more versitle database. Below I will outline what I'm hoping to achieve.

Goal : Qualification Candidate and Progress Database.

First objective. I have 2 tables - table 1 contains candidate personal information.
    Table 2 contains Qualifications and the units for each.

I want to create a form where I can attach a qualification type to a candidate. I want to be able to search for a candidate then using a combo box choose from a list. This will then populate the form with that qualifications details.

I have considered using a subform running a simple query based on the combo box, but this where for me it gets tricky.

I need to monitor the candidates progression on the qualification as a percentage.

E.g. IT - 10 units = each unit 10%

I need to be able to somehow have a checkbox that I can tick to say a unit is complete for that candidate and this is then shown somewhere as 10% complete etc...

All this needs to be recorded somewhere so at any time I can run a report and see

- how many candidates are on a specific qualification

- Percentage completed for each candidate

Etc.

Other than the two tables I have done nothing as would rather get sound advice than struggling blindly.

Thanks for any help given

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    3 tables: tPersons, tQualifications, and tPersonQuals (sub table related to tPersons)

in the form, single record detail of the person,
    have a subform, to hold that candidates Quals. (tPersonQuals)
    on the master form, put a LISTBOX (unbound to the form) to show all available Quals. (tQualifications)
    dbl-click the item in the listbox, this runs an append query to add that Qual to the tPersonQuals table.

then edit the subform entry
    a 'master' list can hold all Quals needed, to calc a % for that person has.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.