hinchi1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Desk Count

I have a database which has a number of functions but i have been asked to add a function to show how many desks are in each room and more particularly which desks are unoccupied. I have a spreadsheet showing me the number of desks per room but i am unsure how to display the unoccupied desk count in a form. i would imagine i need to add a field to my desk table(say a checkbox to indicate if allocated or not), but if i use a checkbox i am unsure of the code to display on a form this information. Any help greatly appreciated

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    In your table how do you identify them? By location, by number, etc.? In any case assuming you have something like Room, DeskName,Allocated (yes/No) in your table you would build a new query:

"SELECT ROOM, IIF([Allocated]=True,[DeskName],Null) AS DESK_ALLOCATED,IIF([Allocated]=False,[DeskName],Null) AS DESK_NOT_ALLOCATED FROM tblRoomDesk;"

Cheers,
    Vlad

hinchi1 is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    In your table how do you identify them? By location, by number, etc.? In any case assuming you have something like Room, DeskName,Allocated (yes/No) in your table you would build a new query:

"SELECT ROOM, IIF([Allocated]=True,[DeskName],Null) AS DESK_ALLOCATED,IIF([Allocated]=False,[DeskName],Null) AS DESK_NOT_ALLOCATED FROM tblRoomDesk;"

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Thanks Vlad, for now I have decided to not implement this but will do in the future.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.