Question Create query from a Form with Check Boxes

I am a beginner in Access and am now trying to create a query using the status of check boxes in a form. Can someone help me?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    We might if you gave us some info. What query have you attempted? What happens - error message, wrong results, nothing?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    Depending, check boxes could be a hindrance. We'd need to see your example.

I have created a query using 2 tables both do not have unique ids. Now I want to create a form which can take input from the user on "One filed" on few criteria and then to use that inputs to run the query. For example, I have item_number as one field in a table. Now I need to have inputs as "Exclude items starting with AXXX", "Exclude Items starting with 2000XX" etc. I have 4 different criteria and the number of criteria doesn't change. they are fixed. I created a table with these criteria and then tried creating a form, but unfortunately the form allows more inputs, doesn't limit the options as I fix. This may sound silly for you all. But I would appreciate your help. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ranman256 View Post
    Depending, check boxes could be a hindrance. We'd need to see your example.
    I have attached the sample file. I have two tables named tbl_Parts and tbl_Products and I have created a query with some criterial to filter it. I also have created a form with option buttons. Now I would like to know how can I use the option buttons to feed the criteria for my query. I wish to get these inputs from the users.
    Please let me know if there is a better way to get the same results with user inputs on these.
    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have attached the file. Thanks for the help
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    We might if you gave us some info. What query have you attempted? What happens - error message, wrong results, nothing?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Use VBA to construct filter criteria. Apply filter to form or report, not query. Review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.