Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Display of Images under print options.

1. Placing a Command Button on a form and selecting “Print Preview” or “Print Report” brings up the page as I like it. The image is distorted on display even though it seems the print is good. Can the display be corrected?
    2. Choosing “Open Report” display the images perfect, but the way the page come up direct after click is not the same as Print Preview. I have to give the mouse wheel one roll then the page displays very well. I hope there is a setting I don’t know off?
    3. After a couple of requests and not so clear answers, I assume that a “PRINT BUTTON” can not be put on a report to click on with Visibility at “No”. Or can it?

Perfac is offline Expert
    Perfect scenario I am looking for is to click maybe on "Open report" and it must display immediately as clear as Open report result now, but without a roll of the mouse wheel. Then have a print button on the report which prints after one more click.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfac View Post
    1. Placing a Command Button on a form and selecting “Print Preview” or “Print Report” brings up the page as I like it. The image is distorted on display even though it seems the print is good. Can the display be corrected?
    2. Choosing “Open Report” display the images perfect, but the way the page come up direct after click is not the same as Print Preview. I have to give the mouse wheel one roll then the page displays very well. I hope there is a setting I don’t know off?
    3. After a couple of requests and not so clear answers, I assume that a “PRINT BUTTON” can not be put on a report to click on with Visibility at “No”. Or can it?
    1. What image type or types are you using? PNG, BMP, GIF all work well with Access. JPG doesn't.
    How are your images displayed? Clip or Zoom should look ok. Stretch mode may distort in one direction
    2. Impossible to answer this from info supplied. However you shouldn't need to scroll.
    Look at the report design. Do you have unnecessary 'white spaces for example?
    3. Buttons can be displayed in report view but do not show when in print preview mode or when printed.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Perfac is offline Expert
    Tested PNG,BMP and GIF. Most of my images are stored JPG. I tested the other three. GIF makes it worse. PNG and BMP has the same results. All images was set to Zoom, never Stretch. I will test on Clip.

Sorry if you didn't understand me. My question. Can the Print button be on a report, and can I click it there on the report. I don't know what you mean with unnecessary white spaces.

I uploaded my demo dbase to Drive on Google, and DropBox, and when I downloaded it took only a minute on Drive. Another time it seems it takes far too long. No Images or recording are stored inside access. 250meg at this stage. There are two issues that I would dearly like to solve.

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfac View Post
    Tested PNG,BMP and GIF. Most of my images are stored JPG. I tested the other three. GIF makes it worse. PNG and BMP has the same results. All images was set to Zoom, never Stretch. I will test on Clip.

Sorry if you didn't understand me. My question. Can the Print button be on a report, and can I click it there on the report. I don't know what you mean with unnecessary white spaces.
    I use PNG, BMP and GIF successfully in reports with no distortion. I use both clip and zoom but tend to zoom down rather than up.
    Yes I understood the button question and thought I'd answered you.
    You can have clickable items such as buttons in report view only. Personally I don't see the point but it's your report.

I uploaded my demo dbase to Drive on Google, and DropBox, and when I downloaded it took only a minute on Drive. Another time it seems it takes far too long. No Images or recording are stored inside access. 250meg at this stage. There are two issues that I would dearly like to solve.
    This seems to be a totally different point. It seems to be a statement rather than a question
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Perfac is offline Expert
    I believe you receive my appreciation all the time, thank you. I will see what I can do to get my database to you or anyone else that can help. The three issues unsolved now.
    a. This distorted images, and you say I can put a button on a report itself and click it there to print, I don't manage yet but trying.
    b. The way to get a query to return records against latest date. The query must be updateable.
    c. There is another error message but I will place a new thread. I read so much on it and the advice so far doesn't work.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.