Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FL0XN0X is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Some kind of crosstab query: part4

Hi,

I have following working crosstab query:

TRANSFORM Nz(Count([Bezetting per dag].[KindgegevensId]),0) AS CountOfCustID
    SELECT Kalender.maand
    FROM [Vakantieplanning Moppendot], OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN (Kalender INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    WHERE (((Kalender.jaar)=2018))
    GROUP BY Kalender.maand
    PIVOT OpvangCodes.OpvangCode In ("VM","NM","D","X VM","X NM","X D","Z VM","Z NM","Z D","W VM","W NM","W D","A","NR","-");

which result in this overview:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LastQuery.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	33144

What I would like to add to this query is a group by Klantenbestand.Naam, so that per month the numbers are shown per Klantenbestand.Naam.

The DB relations look like:

Name:	DBdesign.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	33145

Can someone assist please?
    Thank you.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Don't see a Naam field in the table.

Did you try adding field as another RowHeader in the query design grid?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

My bad. I added Klantenbestand.[Naam] where it should be Klantenbestand.[Naam kind] :-S

This is the query:

SELECT Kalender.maand,Klantenbestand.[Naam kind],Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind]
    FROM OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN ((Kalender LEFT JOIN [Vakantieplanning Moppendot] ON (Kalender.Datum>=[Vakantieplanning Moppendot].StartDatum) AND (Kalender.Datum<=[Vakantieplanning Moppendot].StopDatum)) INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    WHERE kalender.jaar=2018
    GROUP BY Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind]
    PIVOT OpvangCodes.OpvangCode In ("VM","NM","D","X VM","X NM","X D","Z VM","Z NM","Z D","W VM","W NM","W D","A","NR","-")

OK. I need to add 1 JOIN and then the project is ready, thanks to June7 AND Ridders52
    Hopefully, the JOIN works out well, if not, "one final post"

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

I have played with the Where statement because I want the Select statement to get 3 parameters via a form.

SELECT Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind]
    FROM [Vakantieplanning Moppendot], OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN (Kalender INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    WHERE (((Kalender.jaar)=2018) AND ((Klantenbestand.[Naam kind])="Verhoeven") AND ((Kalender.maand)="januari"))
    GROUP BY Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind]
    PIVOT OpvangCodes.OpvangCode In ("VM","NM","D","X VM","X NM","X D","Z VM","Z NM","Z D","W VM","W NM","W D","A","NR","-");

This results in :

maand Naam kind Voornaam kind VM NM D X VM X NM X D Z VM Z NM Z D W VM W NM W D A NR
    januari Verhoeven Theo 0 0 10 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

However, the query should be extended to hold "ContractType" from the table Contracttype. As soon as I join this table using the Designer, the query result is empty :-(

Any idea why ?
    Thank you.
    Kind regards,
    Bart

SELECT Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind]
    WHERE (((Kalender.jaar)=2018) AND ((Klantenbestand.[Naam kind])="Verhoeven") AND ((Kalender.maand)="januari"))

June7 is offline VIP
    Joined it how? Would have to include [Opvang weekprofiel] table.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

I do not succeed in adding the [Opvang weekprofiel] using the Query Designer (cfr. screenshot).
    Can you please advise what I should add in the Designer (group by, ...) .
    FYI, the Contractype is added in [Bezetting per dag] via ContractTypeId, but since it is the same each day per month (thus it might only change on a month base) I only need the first value for a particular month.
    Here is my (failed) attempt:

Name:	Contracttype.png 
Views:	26 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	33147

June7 is offline VIP
    Ooops, did not notice the field in [Bezetting per dag].

Either don't include link between [Bezetting per dag] and [Contracttype] or don't include [Opvang weekprofiel].

Then I expect the Contracttype field would be a Row Heading.

Really should not use the same name for multiple objects. Name the table ContractTypes and the field ContractType.

Windows 10 Access 2016

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

I have got a mainform, with a combo that populates with Klantenbestand.[Naam kind]. Based on this combobox, the subform is filtered.
    I want to filter the subform on the combination of 2 comboboxes:

1) the one which already works
    2) the second where I can choose the year

Subform must be filtered using the combination of both comboboxes, where the second combobox is "optional": if not filled in, then only use the first as filter.

Can someone advise please?
    Thank you in advance.
    Kind regards,
    Bart

The Subform data source is the Crosstab query build in previous posts,i.e.:

SELECT Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id
    FROM OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN (Kalender INNER JOIN (Contracttype INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Contracttype.Id = [Bezetting per dag].ContracttypeId) ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    GROUP BY Kalender.maand, Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id

June7 is offline VIP
    Rather unusual to use a CROSSTAB in a form as data cannot be edited.

Must declare PARAMETERS with CROSSTAB for dynamic filtering. Review http://allenbrowne.com/ser-67.html#Param

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

I don't want to edit data, what I want to do is to filter the Crosstab query in the Subform by 3 comboboxes in the mainform. Using only 1 combobox, I know how to do this, but how to do this with 3 comboboxes?

1) First combobox: Will filter the subform based on the Klantenbestand.[Naam Kind]. By using the Link Master and Child properties, this is working.
    2) The first combobox results in a list of a certain "child info", but for all years and all months.. Thus, I want to filter the results of combobox 1 , with the year
    3) I want the result om combo 1+ combo 2 to filter with the month name (i.E; combo 3)

June7 is offline VIP
    Did you try declaring parameters and adding WHERE clause?

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi,

Yes, but the parameters are provided within the main form by means of comboboxes , but the query in the subform is already loaded when opening the mainform. At load time of the main form, no selection is yet made in the comboboxes ..... so how to tackle that?

June7 is offline VIP
    Show your CROSSTAB query statement that has the PARAMETERS and WHERE clauses.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    SELECT Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id, Kalender.Maand, Kalender.Jaar
    FROM OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN (Kalender INNER JOIN (Jaartabel INNER JOIN (Contracttype INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Contracttype.Id = [Bezetting per dag].ContracttypeId) ON Jaartabel.Id = Contracttype.JaartalId) ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    WHERE (((Klantenbestand.Id)=[Forms]![Overzicht facturatie]![cboKind]) AND ((Kalender.Maand)=[Forms]![Overzicht facturatie]![cboMaand]) AND ((Kalender.Jaar)=[Forms]![Overzicht facturatie]![cboJaartal]))
    GROUP BY Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id, Kalender.Maand, Kalender.Jaar

However,

Meanwhile tried to get it working with following Crosstab Query without form parameters:

SELECT Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id, Kalender.Maand, Kalender.Jaar
    FROM OpvangCodes INNER JOIN (Klantenbestand INNER JOIN (Kalender INNER JOIN (Jaartabel INNER JOIN (Contracttype INNER JOIN [Bezetting per dag] ON Contracttype.Id = [Bezetting per dag].ContracttypeId) ON Jaartabel.Id = Contracttype.JaartalId) ON Kalender.ID = [Bezetting per dag].KalenderId) ON Klantenbestand.Id = [Bezetting per dag].KindgegevensId) ON OpvangCodes.ID = [Bezetting per dag].OpvangCodesId
    GROUP BY Klantenbestand.[Naam kind], Klantenbestand.[Voornaam kind], Contracttype.Contracttype, Contracttype.[Maandprijs contracttype], Klantenbestand.Id, Kalender.Maand, Kalender.Jaar

Then I added following properties for the Subform:

Link Master Fields: cboKind; cboMaand
    Link Child Fields: Id; Maand

This works GREAT for the 2 comboboxes .... but when adding the last one, it does not work ??????

Thus, tdding the last combobox:
    Link Master Fields: cboKind; cboMaand, cboJaartal
    Link Child Fields: Id; Maand; Jaar

But hten the query does not result anything :-(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.