I am printing a report that contains six items

• A barcode
    • A part number
    • Another barcode
    • A location number

I have uploaded three screen caps to explain what I mean:
    Design view: http://oi63.tinypic.com/5m0o6x.jpg
    Thirteen parts: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wls...9#.Wp1ov-jFKUk

In the screencap "Thirteen parts" the part number 1008500 has thirteen different locations and the description is the same for every location. What displays on the report is based on the part number (supplied from a form). A part can have one location or up to ten or thirteen locations. I am printing on an an A4 sheet with 21 labels on it (this one). If I print a part number that has thirteen locations it prints them fine but I am left with a sheet with eight unused labels on it. How can I get the report to start printing from the fourteenth label on the report the next time so I don't have to waste an entire sheet?
    I hope I am making myself clear.
    Thank you.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    so if you are printing 2 parts
    part1 has 13 locations
    part2 has 10 locations

then part1 will print 13 labels,
    part2 will print the remaining 8
    then spill over onto the next 2.

no matter how you do it , you get leftovers.
    You would have to save the leftover sheets, and hold them for a part the will fit.

now you have a sheet with 10 labels left,
    pull up a single part record ,that's <= 10, then print that 1 report.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    so I don't have to waste an entire sheet?
    it's not exactly an entire sheet. How much does a sheet cost? how much is it going to cost you to find a solution?

Suggest use sheets with fewer, but larger labels

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    leesider,

Attached is a sample database with some objects that would help you achieve what you want. I have been doing this in my dbs for a while now and it works great. The trick is to use a temporary table to hold your data for the report. Basically I have a text box on the form where I generate the labels from to hold the position where I want to start (i.e. the 5th label). Then I insert empty records in the table corresponding to the position where I want to start.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Attached Files Attached Files

leesider is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    leesider,

Attached is a sample database with some objects that would help you achieve what you want. I have been doing this in my dbs for a while now and it works great. The trick is to use a temporary table to hold your data for the report. Basically I have a text box on the form where I generate the labels from to hold the position where I want to start (i.e. the 5th label). Then I insert empty records in the table corresponding to the position where I want to start.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Heh, you must have read my mind mate, I was thinking of a solution along the same lines (a temporary table with empty records at the start). I haven't looked at your mdb yet however. I was thinking I could prompt the user with an input box asking them what label they want to start the printing from. If they have a sheet with the first 10 labels of the 21 used, they want to use up the remaining 11 so they can enter "11" into the text box and use that sheet. I can enter 11 empty records into a temp table in VBA (maybe with whitespaces if there has to be a value in each row). The datasource of the report can be set to that temp table and the report will print on the empty labels spaces but it will print blanks (e.g. 11 in our example). Then the real data will start on the 12th record. The first location there is a label on the sheet at is the twelfth label so that is OK.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    That is how mine works, but I have a text box where you enter the starting position instead of using an input box as you suggest.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.