pmangan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Quick Filter in Split Form

Hi All,
    My question is regarding Quick Filter checkboxes. I have a split form which is used to input data into only one table. None of my fields on the datasheet side of the split form allow me to quickfilter by selecting from the usual list of radio buttons. Some of these fields only have 3 unique strings or values to choose from, others have more. Quickfiltering with radio buttons is fully functional in all fields of the table; only the split form data sheet seems to be malfunctioning. None of the fields have more than 150 records yet.

I have enabled ODBC fields. I have increased the number of records in display lists to 900,000. I have set "Allow Default Shortcut Menus" to True.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to re-enable this feature? Thanks in advance.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure what you mean by 'list of radio buttons' and 'quick filtering with radio buttons'. What radio buttons?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Not sure what you mean by 'list of radio buttons' and 'quick filtering with radio buttons'. What radio buttons?
    I shouldn't have called it a radio button. I'm referring to the checkboxes in the quickfilter drop down menu
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELsT.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	30948

June7 is online now VIP
    QuickFilter works for me in Split Form. Cannot replicate issue. Your fields are named "Column A", "Column B", etc?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    No, fields have unique names. Didn't want to post a screenshot of my data due to HIPAA regulations. the above image is just to illustrate what I'm missing

June7 is online now VIP
    I have encountered when QuickFilter is not available for some fields when form RecordSource is based on a query joining tables. But that has nothing to do with the Split form. It could happen on a normal form in datasheet view.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    It could happen on a normal form in datasheet view.
    Isn't the split form just the datasheet view displayed next to the form view?
    I had the quick filter functionality before.. just don't know what happened to it. Everything I've seen so far says to enable ODBC fields and to allow default shortcut menus. not sure what else to try next.

June7 is online now VIP
    I am not sure what you mean by 'enable ODBC fields' - never done that.

So if it worked before, what could have changed? If not code or form design or new computer or software upgrade - only answer I have left is corruption. Run Compact & Repair, reboot computer and C&R again, try on another computer, rebuild form, import everything to a new Access file, import everything but the bad form to a new file then build form again - try each 1 at a time and go to next if still not resolved.

Could attach file to post and maybe someone can review. Sometimes I have issue opening 2013 or 2016 file, so no promises.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.