CodeLiftSleep is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit

Question How to get Overall Average from Two Groups?

Having some issues with this and I know the answer is really easy, but I can't seem to get it right.

I have a report based on a query where it groups by Employee and also Customer Tier. We have 2 Tiers, 1 and 2. Each employee is responsible for handling a number of clients in each tier, and we then take the average customer score for each employee in the tier(so if an employee has 5 customers in tier 1 and 10 in tier 2, we take the average of the scores for each tier). This part is working fine.

Now the issue I am having is I cannot figure out how to get the Overall Average of both tiers combined. It works properly for each individual tier but I cannot get it working for the both tiers in total. All I basically need to do is to sum all the scores for each employee and divide by the total since the percentages are always taken out of the same denominator(50 points). In effect, the Average of ALL accounts for that employee(I can't average the two tiers together because they don't have equal customers in each tier---one employee might have 9 customers in Tier 1 and 4 in Tier 2...if I average them it comes out wrong because it counts each tier equally)

How can I write a query expression that allows me to do this properly?

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    This will be difficult in query but might be easily accomplished in a report using its Sorting & Grouping features with aggregate calcs.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.