newbie is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Crosstab Queries with Between Data Parameters NOT working

I have two crosstab queries; Qry_SumCompliant and Qry_SumTotal. I have joined these two queries into a Select Query called Qry_FinalOutcome.

I would like to run the Qry_FinalOutcome with a specified date range. To do this I have created a form 'Frm_DateSelection' with two unbound date picker text boxes 'FromDate' and 'ThruDate' and a run button that runs Qry_FinalOutcome. I have declared my parameters on Qry_SumTotal [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![FromDate] / Date with Time and [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![ThruDate] / Date with Time. However, when I open my form, select my dates, and select run I get an error "The Microsoft Access database engine does not recognize " as a valid field name or expression". I have also tried declaring my parameters on both the crosstabs and on all three queries with the exact same result.

Qry_SumComliant

Code:

PARAMETERS [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![FromDate] DateTime, [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![ThruDate] DateTime;
    TRANSFORM Sum(Tbl_30Day.CompliantCount) AS SumOfCompliant
    SELECT Tbl_30Day.Contract, Tbl_30Day.DateRec, Sum(Tbl_30Day.CompliantCount) AS [Total Of Compliant]
    FROM Tbl_30Day
    GROUP BY Tbl_30Day.Contract, Tbl_30Day.DateRec
    ORDER BY Tbl_30Day.DateRec
    PIVOT Tbl_30Day.PY;
    Qry_SumTotal

Code:
    PARAMETERS [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![FromDate] DateTime, [Forms]![Frm_DateSelection]![ThruDate] DateTime;
    TRANSFORM Sum(Tbl_30Day.TotalCount) AS SumOfTotal
    SELECT Tbl_30Day.Contract, Tbl_30Day.DateRec, Sum(Tbl_30Day.TotalCount) AS [Total Of Total]
    FROM Tbl_30Day
    GROUP BY Tbl_30Day.Contract, Tbl_30Day.DateRec
    ORDER BY Tbl_30Day.DateRec
    PIVOT Tbl_30Day.PY;
    Qry_FinalOutput

Code:
    SELECT Qry_SumCompliant.Contract, Fix([P1]*10000)/10000 AS [Percent Compliant], Qry_SumTotal.DateRec, Qry_SumCompliant.[Total Of Compliant], Qry_SumTotal.[Total Of Total], [Total of Compliant]/[Total of Total] AS P1
    FROM Qry_SumTotal INNER JOIN Qry_SumCompliant ON (Qry_SumTotal.Contract = Qry_SumCompliant.Contract) AND (Qry_SumTotal.DateRec = Qry_SumCompliant.DateRec)
    GROUP BY Qry_SumCompliant.Contract, Fix([P1]*10000)/10000, Qry_SumTotal.DateRec, Qry_SumCompliant.[Total Of Compliant], Qry_SumTotal.[Total Of Total], [Total of Compliant]/[Total of Total]
    ORDER BY Qry_SumCompliant.Contract, Qry_SumTotal.DateRec;

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Parameters are declared but not seeing a WHERE clause using them. However, don't think that is cause for the error.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Sorry, I forgot to add that I have tried with and without a WHERE clause.

June7 is online now VIP
    Don't see cause for failure. If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows XP Access 2007
    I figured it out! I took all my parameters referring to any date ranges out and ran my Qry_FinalOutput. When I did that I got a much clearer message about my field labeled P1. Once I fixed that field I declared my parameters on the Qry_FinalOutput and it worked like a charm.

June7 is online now VIP
    P1 should be PY in the Fix() function? Dang, I should have seen that.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.